Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country
    See shootingstarpress's Items on eBay

Freakin Ebay And Paypal!!!

Is it worth selling anything on ebay anymore? Here is my complaint. I sold something on there for $1.04 So i charge 2.50 for shipping in a bubble envelope and end up getting $3.54.So now with ebay and all there fees especially the charge on the shipping costs (i smell bull****) here is the breakdown.

$3.54
    -$2.24 for shipping to canada =$1.30
    .23 for charge on shipping = $1.07
    .9 for final fee = .98
    .44 for paypal fees = .54 is now what i made.And if i had to buy a bubble envelope to send it out i would be in the hole.

So heck is it even worth it? I know ebay you can reach a huge audience but it seems unless you sell something big it's not worth the hassle.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Yea I don't bother selling any lower end stuff anymore, it's not worth it. Unless it's something that's gonna bring in AT LEAST $20, I don't list it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I've never thought it was worth selling cards that sell for $1. even without fees, the time and effort to sell something for $1 isn't worth it. I get that some times auctions for lower than expected but if you are regularly selling cards for $1 I'd recommend getting some stuff that sells for more than that typically.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See apocalypz26's Items on eBay

yeah ebay is getting really bad with their fee's, I guess it's just worth selling higher end items...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

It all depends on what you sell. I was thinking the other day about selling some of my bowman chromes on there. put em up for 25 cents with 2 dollar shipping. nothing unreasonable and if they sell at 25 cents here is what im looking at cost wise.

2.25 is what i get total
    -.20 ebay fees
    -.37 paypal fees
    -.88 to ship in bubble mailer
    -.09 for the bubble mailer(check amazon for great deals 250 for 23.34 dlvd)

in the end im ending up with 71 cents for a card i was selling for 25 cents. and i have 630 of these im trying to unload. obviously they all wont sell but there are set and player collectors out there who will pay 25 cents plus 2 shipping for the card they need. So its all in the math. for something super low end like that the shipping on ebay could make you money. 2 dollars isnt an unreasonable amount its actually quite low and im making 3 times the end cost.

That may not be worth it as star cards said to be selling something that low end, the time and effort may not be worth the reward but its one way that the system actually doesnt kill you on fees.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (178)
    Country
    See voltron_22's Items on eBay

i dont use ebay unless the guy is hot right now and I know i can get my max amount...other then that ill search the forums for a nice trade or sell