Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Old basketball card collection...is my stuff worth anything today??

I have the following complete sets:

89/90 Hoops
    89/90 Fleer
    90/91 Hoops
    90/91 Fleer
    90/91 Skybox
    91/92 Skybox
    91/92 Hoops
    92/93 Skybox
    93/94 Fleer
    93/94 Fleer Ultra
    94/95 Fleer Ultra
    94/95 Topps
    95/96 Skybox
    96/97 Bowmans Best
    97/98 Topps
    98/99 Upper Deck Encore
    99/00 Upper Deck Retro

I also have some insert sets to go with these such as "Rebound Kings", "inside Outside", "All Star MVPs" etc. etc.

I do have some individual cards as well....Karl Malone RC, Dominique Wilkins RC, lots of Michael Jordan cards (not the big dollar ones), a few different Kobe Bryant RCs. I also have a Dominique Wilkins autographed card. Most of my collecting was building sets.

Is my collection of much value in todays market?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

I have the following complete sets:

89/90 Hoops
    89/90 Fleer
    90/91 Hoops
    90/91 Fleer
    90/91 Skybox
    91/92 Skybox
    91/92 Hoops
    92/93 Skybox
    93/94 Fleer
    93/94 Fleer Ultra
    94/95 Fleer Ultra
    94/95 Topps
    95/96 Skybox
    96/97 Bowmans Best
    97/98 Topps
    98/99 Upper Deck Encore
    99/00 Upper Deck Retro

I also have some insert sets to go with these such as "Rebound Kings", "inside Outside", "All Star MVPs" etc. etc.

I do have some individual cards as well....Karl Malone RC, Dominique Wilkins RC, lots of Michael Jordan cards (not the big dollar ones), a few different Kobe Bryant RCs. I also have a Dominique Wilkins autographed card. Most of my collecting was building sets.
    Is my collection of much value in todays market?

lol was going to say only good for fire tinder until i got to these cards..jordans could be decent to right person malone and wilkins be 25-40 shipped for the pair and depends on the kobes

SCF Rewards
    Country

A lot of inserts in the 90's were hard to pull. If you have complete insert sets I bet they have some value. They didn't have inserts in every pack like they do today. The base aren't worth much, but some of those HOF inserts could do well. Might be a good investment to pull out all the top inserts and get them graded. Assuming some of them will come back at a 9 or better you might do pretty well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Base sets not worth much huh...that sucks. Even the Bowmans best? That was a good one in it's day as was the 91-92 skybox.

I take it beckett value isn't accurate anymore? I remember card shops getting beckett list price for just about anything that was in good condition.

What about Shaq rookies? KG rookies?

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

Get the good RC graded by Beckett.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

Base sets not worth much huh...that sucks. Even the Bowmans best? That was a good one in it's day as was the 91-92 skybox.

I take it beckett value isn't accurate anymore? I remember card shops getting beckett list price for just about anything that was in good condition.

What about Shaq rookies? KG rookies?

beckett still has great value.....as toilet paper lol...ebay killed beckett pricing...beckett prices were made by what a select group of card shops were selling cards high value..and with some heavy searching low value...now for recent up to date raw actual sales ebay complete listing...as for the guy who told you to get the good rookies graded...remember almost all shaq rookies sell for less then the grading cost so its pretty pointless because after beckett fees, then paypal fees, and ebay fees...you have to sell for 10-15 bucks just to break even...if the 86 fleers are in great shape those are grade worthy as long as they 9 or higher..only kg rookie worth squat is the finest one..rest are 2-10 range...its a whole new ball game...people dont want sets anymore they want autos and gu...and its silly...let people bust the boxes and pick your needs for pennies on the dollar of box value lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Back in my day there was no ebay and no professional grading...beckett was it and if it had 4 clean corners it was considered mint. I don't know if beckett is toilet paper these days. It's a good base number with a high to low range. Kinda like Kelly Blue Book. If you are selling your car, you won't get dealer KBB and you won't get full mint Beckett value for your ungraded cards. I like to use Beckett when trading, great way to make sure you are getting a fair trade. But if I want to sell, then no illusions of ever getting mint beckett pricing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sorry to say this, but 90/91 to 95/96 may sell for less than your shipping cost. You may end up paying $6 for the shipping box, while selling for $2 per set. Even the best RC in those years (like Penny, Grant Hill, KG, Kidd), it is hard to sell those $1 a piece. I personally would keep them for memory.
    The best you can sell is Bowmans Best. I think you can do $30 to $40 depend the condition of the kobe RC card. And your kobe RC (assume they are Topps, Upper Deck, lower to mid level brands), they are around $3 to $5 each.
    98/99 encore and 99/00 retro can sell for $10.