Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rare23Air83's Items on eBay

I'm kinda confused on your prices that you are getting on those BGS 9.5s. Are my eyes deceiving me on these completed BGS 9.5 RC auctions then? Are you marking it up almost $7-8k just for that BGS 10 subgrade?

No your eyes are not deceiving you. Those cards did sell for those prices.

But first of all, none of those auctions you listed have 10 Centering with 3x 9.5's. The highest you were able to find was 4x 9.5's. 10 Centering w/ 3x 9.5's will be very very tough to find. Even on eBay or forums. They're just too rare to begin with and RARELY do they even pop up as the handful that even exist are most likely stored away in private collections.

There's something you have to understand. Important cards like the MJ RC, Gretzky RC, Mantle, etc... Sub-Grades make a DRAMATIC value difference.

As you can see, you can find a BGS with 3x 9.5's not all that hard. You can certainly get them for about $4200-$4600 dollars on eBay.

There's a only a few BGS 4x 9.5's in the world (which btw 2 are on eBay currently asking $7.5k and $8k). Of course, you'll see different selling prices at different times. Cards like these sell mostly through consignment, so if the owner of the card needs the cash... they'll accept reasonable offers and sell it for $5 or $6k instead of waiting for the right buyer.

Now RARELY do you see a 10 and 3x 9.5's. Especially where the 10 is for CENTERING. These are exponentially more scarce than the already rare 4x 9.5's. I certainly haven't been able to find one for years as I looked for one religiously. And even more when you talk about two 10's and two 9.5's. Anything else is a PRISTINE 10 and as we all know, there's only 3 of those and sold for $200k and $150k.

Out of the 203 Gem Mint BGS 9.5 MJ RC's graded by Beckett, the percentage of 9.5's with 4x 9.5, 10 with 3x 9.5's, and 2x 10's 2x 9.5's are only a tiny fraction of it. That's why serious high end collector's and consigners markup a card considerably when they run into cards with awesome sub-grades (especially for rare and important high ends). And they sell. You'd be surprised how many people turn down a card or don't bid as high if they don't like a certain sub-grade. Especially for Centering as that's the biggest visual hit. That's another reason why BGS is perferred over PSA grading and sell for a slightly higher premium.

I do lots and have done lots of research. I do it on a daily basis for hours as its almost like my 2nd job AND my hobby. The $12.5k asking price is steep but remember... as a seller, you need a little bit of room for negotiations also. And like I said, I have already received a $9k offer, an $8.5k offer, a $7k offer and a bunch below.
    Last edited by Rare23Air83; 07-10-2011 at 06:29 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whats my Jordan 98-99 Topps Gold Label Red /100 worth? Its off to BGS for a 2 day turnaround, should have it back by thursday or friday. It should come back as the highest graded copy unless i overlooked something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I need the Gold Label /100.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

This thread is LEGENDARY...

SCF Rewards
    Country

When i get the Jordan back it will more than likely be up for auction. I pulled it a few weeks ago and it was a tough pull. Something like 1:4973 packs odds, 10 in the set so getting the Jordan is like one in 50,000 packs. I'm not a Jordan collector but have 200+ Jordan cards in my collection so i may just part with all of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Card should be worth at least 1.500 USD. Certainly depends on the final grades, but looks to have BGS 9+ Potential rather easily.

Good luck on your sales !

SCF Rewards
    Country

How much for the 1994 Finest refractor or the atomic refractor?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you Duffield. The highest grade is an 8.5 right now and i think i will beat that out. I may have missed something and it could come back a 6, who knows. I think if it was a 9.5 it would bring a strong premium. We will just have to wait and see. I will post results when i get it back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rare23Air83's Items on eBay

Whats my Jordan 98-99 Topps Gold Label Red /100 worth? Its off to BGS for a 2 day turnaround, should have it back by thursday or friday. It should come back as the highest graded copy unless i overlooked something.

First off, AWESOME card! One of the rare ones. On July 4th, the same card UNGRADED sold for $400.00 dollars BIN price on eBay (Item #220808987890). Someone got a great deal. I'm sure in an open auction, it would have went for more.

So it's a good thing you sent it off to get it graded. If it comes back GEM MINT, you'll have one helluva card and go for more than $1000 easy.

Keep us posted on when you get it back! I'm very curious to what grade it will get.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will definitely keep you guys posted. Im thinking it will prob be a 9 bug it has a solid shot at a 9.5. I had a big dealer tell me that he estimates a 9.5 could bring up to$ 3k. Im not sure it would bring that much. It would get some serious action though. I should know the grade tomm or tuesday.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast