Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (48)
    Country

Question on Paypal Fees

Just curious to why some items get fees and others don't.

For instance I'm a college student and when the semester is over I sell my books back to various companies and they pay me via paypal yet I am never charged a fee.

However, I just sold an item on eBay and the winner paid via paypal and I was hit with a significant fee.

Just curious to know why some things have fees and others don't. Should I have even been charged a fee by Paypal for selling something on eBay?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

When ever you are selling an item on EBAY the seller is always hit with a fee of the final price for the item.

You can send payment as a Gift and will not be charged any fees like some people do on this site. If you have a student PayPal account this is another reason you will not be charged to send or receive payment from other people.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (48)
    Country

so then do you have to pay both a paypal fee and an ebay fee?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

so then do you have to pay both a paypal fee and an ebay fee?

Yes but the ebay fees go into your ebay seller account so you can pay those all at once. Paypal fees is 2.9%+0.30 on whatever the item sells for.