Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02-03 Rookie cards

02-03 Rookie cards

A lot of basketball rookie cards are starting to make thier move a couple of years after the player is a rookie (mostly because there are a lot of really young players). Who of this years class do you see being a performer in the long run?

Which card in particular do you feel will be the cornerstone for this years rookie class down the road?

BGray

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    I think the real players this year are:
    Caron Butler
    Dajuan Wagner
    Casey Jacobsen
    Amare Stoudamire

I think the Yao Ming hype is a fad. He's a decent player, but he doesn't deserve all the hype. Just my opinion.

Tim

Bgray,
    I have been wondering about that myself. It seems that it is so hard to figure out the good RCs anymore because they do come out so young in Basketball and the other sports release the cards before they ever make the "Big Leagues".

This class seems to have quite a few good ballers, I think that Amare and Yao going to have great futures and guys like Gooden and Butler are doing well too. What I have been wondering is who is going to be the "sleeper". I think the Wagner cards are underpriced b/c he is not getting any attention and living outside of Denver I see a lot of Nugget games (unfortunately) :) and I think that Hilario has a lot of potential (Karl Malone type) and the Nuggets may actually have a winning team very soon. (Lottery pick plus 27 million under the cap, New ownership, GM etc.

Bgray - I vote Yao Ming.

You can't teach size. If, as a basketball player, you have no peer, then there's no one to defend you.

That's why Shaq is so good. All other centers are too weak to muscle with Shaq.

I was just watching Tracy McGrady go up against Kevin Garnett this evening. Garnett did a great job on T-Mac, b/c of his size, length, and quickness.

Likewise, you can defend Kobe with someone who's lengthy and quick, like Andrei Kirilenkov of Utah Jazz.

But for Yao Ming, if there's no one left who's 7'2" in the next few years, how will Yao be defended?

So, I vote Yao.

I like Dajuan Wagner,Amare Stoudemire,Drew Gooden and Manu Ginobili.

Garycolemanx
    Wagner will be amazing one day, Cavs just got to gove him time. I personaly think they should trade him,he will prob fit in much better on a different team. He is a cornerstone, he will be hott propertey in cards and will be an all star in the leugue one day.

I collect any and all Kareem Rush. #21 Guard on my Lakers! Winning a championship in your rookie season has to feel great!
    My favorite card is my 02-03 Topps Pristine Refractors Common Kareem Rush #'ed/1899 enclosed. It is sooo nice.

Amare Stoudamire
    Yao Ming

Stoudamire cards should go up and remain high for the long term. This guy has the talent to be very good in a few years. Yao because there are very few good centers and he should be able to dominate once Shaq is gone.

Let's hope Amare stays healthy and doesn't get the "Vince Carter" syndrome.

Sheesh, Carter sits with any ache and pains. Perhaps Kobe oughtta have a chat with him

amare
    Originally posted by stkmtimo
    I think the real players this year are:
    Caron Butler
    Dajuan Wagner
    Casey Jacobsen
    Amare Stoudamire

I think the Yao Ming hype is a fad. He's a decent player, but he doesn't deserve all the hype. Just my opinion.

Tim
    you must be a super suns fan as i do, but i can't see CJ can go any further, he may end up to be a decent player anyway

my top rookie will be
    Amare
    Dajuan
    Yao
    Nile Hilario

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast