Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See th1ckasabr1ck's Items on eBay

What's wrong with the autographs in Panini Prime?

Is it just me, or are the autographs in Prime really weak? It seems like every autograph I pulled has streaks or spots or something where the ink is missing. It's hard to describe, but it makes for much less appealing autographs. Bad pen? Bad card material?

You can see the problem if you look closely at this Leblanc I pulled:

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Leblanc doesn't have the best signature to begin with, but I think that one looks a bit like a dying pen. That said, with high gloss cards the ink may not always take well.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

I started the discussion here: https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...e-season/page2

It is a major mistake, and a big part of the panini autograph cards throughout the whole series.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Country

Leblanc doesn't have the best signature to begin with, but I think that one looks a bit like a dying pen. That said, with high gloss cards the ink may not always take well.

Yeah unfortunately it's not just Leblanc. Browsing eBay if you look closely it looks like many autographs were signed with a dying pen.
    Last edited by spg; 09-04-2012 at 11:35 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Check out how bad this Pronger is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130759346441

It seems like at least 50% of the autos I check out have this issue. Bummer.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

Yeah unfortunately it's not just Leblanc. Browsing eBay if you look closely it looks like many autographs were signed with a dying pen.

It's not a dying pen issue, It is clear that the card material rejects pen. They do not 'agree' with each other.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stuntman8926's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am sending one of mine in because of that reason. The one I have is smudged badly
    Patrick
    Looking for Gary Roberts

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

+1

If you go over any auto cards that are glossy (slippery) with your finger you will notice that the area for the autograph is generally a lot less glossy to the touch ... almost a matte finish. This allows the sharpie to stick rather than bubble. It appears that Panini didn't print these with that in mind. I have a few UD 1999/00 SOTT cards with a similar issue -> http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/d...tt_mogilny.jpg

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

UD has done this before in the Cup and now Panini, unacceptable for high end products. You think they could hire someone in QC that could figure this simple process out. Apparently not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For being $200 a pack, I would be highly disappointed. Sorry to hear that guys.
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast