Thread: jazz sign

jazz sign

Free agent point guard Carlos Arroyo signed a one-year contract to return to the Utah Jazz on Thursday after passing a physical to complete a deal he agreed to the night before.

Arroyo averaged 2.8 points and 1.2 assists in very limited action last season, playing 44 games as the Jazz's No. 3 point guard. He impressed the coaches, but the team wanted to pursue some higher profile free agents before talking to Arroyo about coming back.

Given that John Stockton is no longer there, this Arroyo kid (who the heck is he; never even heard of him) now has the chance to gain that starting point guard position.

Utah is rebuilding...perfect chance to be the starter

I dont think he will be the starter just yet for the Jazz, considering he was the number #3 PG last year...
    I think there backcourt will be deshawn stevenson and Quincy Lewis...for now unless Aroyo does better than of the 2 i mentioned, or injury, etc.

Arroyo broke in with the Raptors, where he got decent playing time, and performed rather well... The problem when he went to Utah was that they had stockton and eisley, then stockton and mark jackson
    Arroyo wont dissapoint them, look for him to go for 10 and 4.5 if he gets 20 minutes a game

hmmmmm, if he's that good, how come the Utah Jazz didn't start letting him play more last year.

Jazz had to know that Stockton was going to retire soon, didn't they?

just a thought

Jazz were still in the playoff hunt last year, thats why he probably didn't play as much...now that they are re-building he'll definetly see some more playing time.

that is a good point, the Jazz had the chance to make the playoffs.

But the reality was they were not going far last year; and that came true once they played the Kings in the 1st round.

Too bad Stockton retired....he still had a few more average years left