Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

My biggest question is why wouldn't BGS keep the card when "Amy" sent it be bumped up to a 9.5 if they knew the serial number of the card that you were sending them? When the other guy sold the card it was still a BGS 9. I would think that if the Dallas police knew the destination of the card was BGS then if it showed up there you would be alerted. It just seems strange that Michael Becker would sell the card to Amy, then she would turn around and send it right back to Dallas,TX to be regraded knowing that you reported it stolen. This is a fishy story.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

I've got graded Jordan cards for sale! Check my Photobucket in my signature...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See natsturner's Items on eBay

My biggest question is why wouldn't BGS keep the card when "Amy" sent it be bumped up to a 9.5 if they knew the serial number of the card that you were sending them? When the other guy sold the card it was still a BGS 9. I would think that if the Dallas police knew the destination of the card was BGS then if it showed up there you would be alerted. It just seems strange that Michael Becker would sell the card to Amy, then she would turn around and send it right back to Dallas,TX to be regraded knowing that you reported it stolen. This is a fishy story.

Hey there. Yeah - I know, however, put yourself in BGS's shoes. They don't want to hang onto someone's card unless the police tells them to do so. I flew down to Dallas to work with the police on it, and it took multiple weeks to get the right department and get an official police report. They ended up making me work through the postal police, since to them it was pretty clear that the card was stolen out of the mail and not by someone at BGS since it never arrived there.

BGS doesn't have a serial number identification process for the card itself. In other words, they're not looking at the unique serial # on each card before grading it, so even though I notified BGS about it the timing didn't work out with the Dallas police and the postal police for them to work with BGS to be on the look out for the individual card.

As I mentioned in the original story/synoposis, I emailed Jeremy Murray from BGS right away when I discovered the card listed on eBay by Michael Becker, essentially asking him if Michael Becker worked at BGS or if he knew who he was, or had any other information that might be helpful as to how Michael Becker came in possession of the card. I also provided him with the scans of my card, the submission form I created for the card before having sent it to BGS, my proof of purchase of the card, etc...

-Nat

Country

I actually took time to read everyone's post and I'm not a lawyer or do I know much about the law but it seems absurd that you are trying to prevent someone from owning a card that they may choose to buy if they can meet the requirements.
    Once again,I'm terribly sorry this has happened to you and I will not accuse you of lying by any means.It seems bit absurd that you are trying to prevent others form owning a card a value price.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See realcommodities's Items on eBay

Lawyer here....

EDIT: I just wanted to make this distinction to everyone so you don't worry about having a card taken from you because you didn't know it was stolen. You must know the card was stolen to be charged and convicted of receiving stolen property. If you do not know the property is stolen, the item is yours free and clear.

So to clarify - if one of us on this forum were to purchase this card from this point forward, we could be convicted of receiving stolen property? Or, would Nat's post not be considered substantial evidence of the card actually being stolen in the first place? I'm not looking to buy this card either, just curious...

To Nat: This is an awful story, and I believe you, unfortunately I do not think you will be able to recover this card, unless you maybe negotiate to buy it back from this "Amy" person....or there is another copy of this card for sale currently on ebay. Unfortunately, it's ungraded, so you'd have to send it to BGS...ugh...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See snhanso's Items on eBay

This would definitely be a form of notice...however, just because you belong to the forums does not necessarily mean that you saw the post. Simply being on the forums might qualify as circumstantial evidence, but would probably not be enough to prove that you had notice. However, if you posted on this thread, that might be evidence to adduce that you definitely had notice. You would only qualify as a recipient of stolen property if at the time you bought it you knew it was stolen. If you purchase it then later find out it was stolen, you are still a bona fide good faith purchaser and keep possession of the card.

So to clarify - if one of us on this forum were to purchase this card from this point forward, we could be convicted of receiving stolen property? Or, would Nat's post not be considered substantial evidence of the card actually being stolen in the first place? I'm not looking to buy this card either, just curious...

To Nat: This is an awful story, and I believe you, unfortunately I do not think you will be able to recover this card, unless you maybe negotiate to buy it back from this "Amy" person....or there is another copy of this card for sale currently on ebay. Unfortunately, it's ungraded, so you'd have to send it to BGS...ugh...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jprt80's Items on eBay

sorry to hear about your loss and the unfortunate fact that you prob won't get the card back w/o buying it a second time. With all that said, I just spent about an hour going through your pc and you have got a truly one-of-a-kind collection. With or without the MJ you still have the best collection I have seen of MJ cards, HANDS DOWN. So all-in-all I'm sorry you lost the card, but glad you posted about it so i could check out ur pc. GL w/ everything

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See amaballa801's Items on eBay

Man that sucks. I've been wanting to send in my Derrick Rose Precious Metal Gems in for a while now but I've been afraid to because what happens if it's stolen? I mean you get insurance sure but I could never replace that card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See amaballa801's Items on eBay

Hey what if you just buy the card and have the post office pay for it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am curious to know, how insurance did you put on the card when you mailed it to BGS for grading?
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast