Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 110 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers vs. Yankees

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tigers vs. Yankees

Game 1 starts at 8:37pm ET in NY on Friday.

Verlander vs. Sabathia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Chuck you know I'm a big Yankees fan,but I'm a realist.I see the Tigers winning this series,as I don't think C.C. matches up that well with Verlander.I give the Yankees the hitting edge,but in a short series pitching usually wins,so my prediction the Tigers in 5.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Just heard its been announced Yankees will have Garcia pitch game 3 and if there is a game 4 it'll be Sabathia.

I like the Tigers in 4 games. Sabathia has never done that well against the Tigers. I think getting Scherzer to pitch at Comerica vs Yankee Stadium will help, also.

One matchup i'm real interested in seeing is Cabrera vs Sabathia and how he's pitched to depending on the situation. Cabrera is 9-16 career vs CC (4 walks) and 2 homers.

Another thing I want to see is how Leyland sets his lineup for game 1. He uses Inge/Raburn vs left handed pitchers now only (even though Betemit/Santiago are switch hitters) but Inge is 11-50 vs CC career which is terrible and Betemit is 3-5 (small sample size) and Raburn is 4-23 (which is also awful) whereas Santiago is 7-24.

I'm sure Leyland starts the worse hitters, but i'm hoping he finally plays the guys who should play.

On the other side i'm also interested to see if Girardi will play Posada. He's the only Yankee aside from Jeter with any type of sample size that has good numbers off Verlander.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See no page's Items on eBay

After Verlander, i dont see the Tigers with better pitching overall than the Yankees, i will take the Yankees in this series.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

After Verlander, i dont see the Tigers with better pitching overall than the Yankees, i will take the Yankees in this series.

Doug Fister? He was 4th in the AL in ERA and he was 8-1 as a Tiger with a WHIP of .84 and an ERA of 1.79

Granted he's not ever going to be THAT good, because he's been pitching better than Verlander, but atleast in my opinion, he's light years better than Ivan Nova.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See no page's Items on eBay

Remember, a ton of the Tigers games were against the AL Central teams, while a ton of the Yankees games were against the AL East teams - a lot more offense in the AL East to raise those ERA's, WHIP's, etc.

Also, pitching half your games in Yankee Stadium, again its bad for your stats as its so easy to hit homers there.

We shall see, no doubt in my mind the Yankees are a better team, but in a short series its a crapshoot.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Remember, a ton of the Tigers games were against the AL Central teams, while a ton of the Yankees games were against the AL East teams - a lot more offense in the AL East to raise those ERA's, WHIP's, etc.

Also, pitching half your games in Yankee Stadium, again its bad for your stats as its so easy to hit homers there.

We shall see, no doubt in my mind the Yankees are a better team, but in a short series its a crapshoot.

It doesn't change the fact the numbers he posted in the 2nd half (and the entire season) are good, right? He pitched an entire season and had the 4th best ERA in the AL, thats impressive.

Yankee Stadium won't matter for Fister though (well, shouldn't matter). He's a groundball pitcher.

We will see though, because I believe the Tigers are the better team, they have the best pitcher and hitter that will play in the series. They have the best #2 starter, also.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

I'm just gonna pretend I'm in a coma and not even watch,you guys can tell me who wins.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm just gonna pretend I'm in a coma and not even watch,you guys can tell me who wins.

Are you being serious? lol

Come on Steve, its the postseason!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tigers in 4 or 5 games, BEAT NEW YORK!!!!

Page 1 of 110 12341151101 ... LastLast