Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

99.99999% of the wealthy are wealthy due to the hard work of the poor and middle class, if it wasnt for the workers the rich would not have their wealth. So why not give them part of the pie, they are just as deserving of it are they not since they worked the hardest to produce it?

That is utter nonsense. If it wasn't for the evil rich, the poor and middle class wouldn't have jobs.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

That is utter nonsense. If it wasn't for the evil rich, the poor and middle class wouldn't have jobs.

and without the working class the rich would not have money to be rich.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

and without the working class the rich would not have money to be rich.

The rich are rich because they possess certain knowledge, skill sets, expertise, and innovation that are not commonplace. You act like they are no different from the average manual laborer or unskilled worker who can be replaced with a million others.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

The rich are rich because they possess certain knowledge, skill sets, expertise, and innovation that are not commonplace. You act like they are no different from the average manual laborer or unskilled worker who can be replaced with a million others.

true they have unique skills but without a workforce what are their skills worth? NOTHING. Regardless if the workplace is replaceable or not, which is miniscule in the argument because a workforce is a workforce regardless of who specifically is in it and as such my argument is repeated.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

true they have unique skills but without a workforce what are their skills worth? NOTHING. Regardless if the workplace is replaceable or not, which is miniscule in the argument because a workforce is a workforce regardless of who specifically is in it and as such my argument is repeated.

People are paid what they are worth. If they were worth more, they would be paid more. Actually, the minimum wage is too high, but that is a different discussion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

1. Who said we were all going to be super-rich? I wasn't solving anything. You asked me how I felt about economic disparity. Yes, people are becoming dumber and less educated.

2. Who are "they," and how do you think they are not fairly disclosed?

3. Now define "middle class."

4. Unemployment declined from 7.0% in 1980 to 5.4% in 1988.

Top of the morning! I thought I owed you a response to these:

1. I disagree that people are becoming dumber and less educated. More people are going to college and attaining higher levels of education than ever before. Plus, I'm doing work on an IPad, technology FTW!

2. I'll even expand who I was referencing to two entities: government and Wall Street. Government claims financial transparency, but until someone is able to actually audit the government, I don't think we're getting the full picture as to our expenditures.

As for Wall Street, I'll break it down further. The stock market is predominately okay. People can only lie and fudge so much until it comes out into the open, either via bankruptcy or investigation. But the bond market is a TOTALLY different story. And given the size of the bond market, it's a huge problem. That's what we saw in 2008. People look at the "stock market" and blame the "stock market", but that's not what the problem was. The problems lay in the complexity and the lack of regulation within the bond market. People can get away with MURDER there, and they basically did. There is no body out there that can adequately investigate the bond market due to its absolutely massive size, so corruption runs rampant. One of the reasons everything went to hell in '08 was because even the banks themselves had no idea how deep other banks were mired in these subprime tranches, and sometimes they didn't even know how deep they themselves were involved.

3. I'll define the middle class as literally, the middle 50% of American families. Those who aren't part of the richest 25% of the country, or the poorest 25%. Common characteristics being moderate to high debt to net worth, working or formerly working parents with school-age children, retired folks with less than half a million in investable assets, things of that sort.

4. Bush Jr. cut taxes twice and unemployment rose from 4.2% when he took office to 7.3% in December of 2007. I stop at 2007 to be nice. I don't blame Bush for the massive banking crisis and unemployment that stemmed from it. But see, these stats can work both ways.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567