Thread: Bravo to Jerry Colangelo

Thumbs up Bravo to Jerry Colangelo

If you haven't heard he's making his players sign autographs for 10 minutes after batting practice for every home game this year.

While this is a very good move its something that this sport needed a long time ago. Too many fans have already left.

I heard about this and I think it is a great thing, but I think players should have been doing this already!!

Yeah, it's sad that this has to be a mandatory rule. Even a bum bench player's signature can bring a smile to a kids face.

It'd certainly help the PR of most every team if they'd all do this. Great move for them! You know everyone will go after all the stars first... and the poor bench scrubs will have some little kid who doesn't know any better... with little crowd. Oh well... I'm glad to hear about it, but you guys are right, it's a shame they don't already do stuff like this without it being mandatory.

It's great and I love the idea. There is one problem. Many of the players will attempt to get out of it somehow and will succeed, while the rookies and bench warmers will be stuck with the majority of the people, not that there's a problem with that, but I think all players should acknowledge the fans a little bit more.

Tim

i wish i could go to the BOB and gets some auto;s i can't believe Byung-Hyun Kim is now the 4th starter in the rotation just cuz mantei is 100% now

lol..too bad Colangelo doesn't own the Giants. I'd love for any boss to make Barry Bonds do something humane as sign autos for fans.