Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

postage rates up again?

Here we go again? It looks like only a penny, but rates go up next spring!
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/La...Postal-Service
    I know that it seems rates have risen to about double from when I first started doing this! Has the cost of postage effected you and the number of mailings you do? It might not seem like much, but 90 cents for a round trip for your requests starts to add up! Once it hits an even one dollar for round trip I might just call it quits. Add the costs of your envelopes, cards, index cards, paper and printer ink and many requests are well over a dollar to send now. Did you stop sending to lesser players that you wanted and only go for stars and legends? Has it effected you at all and at what point are you saying enough is enough?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mention all the details in this video!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know i have passed on sending to some lesser know players because of the price of stamps. I send out enough as it is & my thinking was along the lines of pass this time around for a more popular but untested player just because of the simple fact that with the amount of request i send out, It really adds up for me. Needless to say those players are still waiting, sitting in the pile on my desk.. Maybe they will never go out, who knows.

I wonder though, with the liberty bell stamps/ forever stamps, The 1 cent increase wont matter for TTM that are still out standing correct? Forever stamps are covered no matter what the hike right?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes the best practice is to always have the SASE stamped with a forever stamp as it wil still be covered for your return postage and to be honest I may buy a few rolls early to avoid some extra costs!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gonna go get some forever stamps now!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

I buy my stamps usually 500 at a time. I might go ahead and do 1,000 right before the rates go up and would love to see the face on the clerk. The postage rates don't bother me that much. Most of my collection is now focused on Yankees and Giants but I might be trying to put together a complete set autographed in the near future. We'll see.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not too worried about a penny increase for now. I usually find myself buying 20 stamps at a time so the difference between $8.80 and $9 is really minimal since those 2 dimes just get thrown in my change hold in my car anyway haha. I'll honestly be fine with any increases until it goes over 50 cents a stamp. That's the point where I'll have to really consider changing my way of doing things and probably start slowing down.

BANNED

Country

Gonna go get some forever stamps now!

Yep, need to start buying stamps in bulk so I don't keep running out when guys are signing up a storm!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I never buy more than two books at a time. stocking up over a penny = lol unless you're buying a 1k like 203gunner.