Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Country
    See seanandlaruescollectibles's Items on eBay

You have to see this!!!!!!

Ok I just saw this on the news and I believe if I was the family not only would I sue Safeway but I would call for a nationwide boycott of all their stores, I know this much Safeway has received the last of my business and I will do my part to make sure my family and friends do the same! Not sure you can see article I'm on my blackberry! I mean this is completely ludicrous, I have forgotten to pay for small items before, it was a simple mistake and the employees involved should be fired for being so plain out ignorant and stupid.....

http://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-mom-s...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
    Last edited by #1 Broncos Fan; 11-01-2011 at 11:00 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Link isn't working. Here is the link I found for it.

http://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-mom-s...214407004.html

Moving this to Chit Chat since this is more of a public interest issue than a politics or religion issue.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Someone's got a nice lawsuit on their hands,way to go Safeway,5 dollars worth of sandwiches is going to cost you alot more now,This incident surely could've been handled differently,as if they were going to steal surely they wouldn't have paid for the 50 dollars in groceries.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

They should have paid for them, sat down ate them then did their shopping if they were so hungry. Technically what they did was wrong and they should have thought hard before eating something before paying for it. For this one I am on the stores side..

Country

They should have paid for them, sat down ate them then did their shopping if they were so hungry. Technically what they did was wrong and they should have thought hard before eating something before paying for it. For this one I am on the stores side..

So in all the years you have been alive you have never ever made a mistake? You have never picked up something in a store and ate it saved the wrapper and then paid for it when you were done shopping? Well I have and when my wife goes shopping and takes our 6 year old daughter with her my daughter has and yes on occasion we have done the same thing forgot to pay for it, its not the fact that they forgot to pay its the fact that Safeway handled this situation without using any common sense! Just because you are a dispute team member on here doesn't mean you are correct, yes you are entitled to your opinion which in this case I find to be wrong! They said they completely forgot about it honest mistake they paid for the other groceries and they even stated that it was an honest mistake, and for Safeway to say nope we won't allow you to pay for the item is ludicrous and Safeway deserves to be sued for what they put this family through!

BANNED

Country

So in all the years you have been alive you have never ever made a mistake? You have never picked up something in a store and ate it saved the wrapper and then paid for it when you were done shopping? Well I have and when my wife goes shopping and takes our 6 year old daughter with her my daughter has and yes on occasion we have done the same thing forgot to pay for it, its not the fact that they forgot to pay its the fact that Safeway handled this situation without using any common sense! Just because you are a dispute team member on here doesn't mean you are correct, yes you are entitled to your opinion which in this case I find to be wrong! They said they completely forgot about it honest mistake they paid for the other groceries and they even stated that it was an honest mistake, and for Safeway to say nope we won't allow you to pay for the item is ludicrous and Safeway deserves to be sued for what they put this family through!

safeway did nothing wrong, you are supposed to pay for groceries before you eat them and like it or not thats the way it is, if they tried to sue the courts would throw it out. Its a typical American attitude the rules apply to everyone but themselves.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Baltimore Orioles

looks like they decided to drop the charges...

http://start.toshiba.com/news/read.p...org%3E&ps=1020

Country

safeway did nothing wrong, you are supposed to pay for groceries before you eat them and like it or not thats the way it is, if they tried to sue the courts would throw it out. Its a typical American attitude the rules apply to everyone but themselves.

No Safeway did everything wrong they have no signs or anything posted in the stores that state groceries must be paid for before you consume or eat them, also if the shoe was on your foot and say you had a wife and child and the same thing happened you would be fine with being humiliated and having your child put into state custody? And I know you are going to say it would never happen because you are the perfect US citizen and what this couple did was break the law! No what they did is forget to pay for the item which is not a crime especially when they offered to go back in and pay and Safeway refusing to let them stating that it is shoplifting because said item had left store already! We can argue allday about this and bottom line Safeway handled this very poorly and yes as you stated Typical American Attitude FYI the family only wants an apology!

BANNED

Country

No Safeway did everything wrong they have no signs or anything posted in the stores that state groceries must be paid for before you consume or eat them, also if the shoe was on your foot and say you had a wife and child and the same thing happened you would be fine with being humiliated and having your child put into state custody? And I know you are going to say it would never happen because you are the perfect US citizen and what this couple did was break the law! No what they did is forget to pay for the item which is not a crime especially when they offered to go back in and pay and Safeway refusing to let them stating that it is shoplifting because said item had left store already! We can argue allday about this and bottom line Safeway handled this very poorly and yes as you stated Typical American Attitude FYI the family only wants an apology!

" No Safeway did everything wrong they have no signs or anything posted in the stores that state groceries must be paid for before you consume or eat them "

Does your card shop have a sign that says packs must be paid for before opening, if not I guess you can rip open what you want and pick and choose right or allow your kids to rip open toys and play with them before buying that must be ok because there is never a sign saying its wrong!!!! See I can say silly things too that make nonsense. Of course you have to pay for groceries before you eeat them, every normal American knows that, it goes back to the rules apply to everyone but you concept, your just peeved because your family had too have done it which you will not admit as being wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I understand where you are coming from but I have to disagree. Stores do not have to put up a sign saying "Pay Before You Eat" to keep people from doing it. Do stores also needs signs that say "Do Not Load The Guns And Shoot Them" in the sporting good section? Or a sign in lawn and garden that says "Do Not Drive the Lawnmowers Around The Store"? At some point in time people need to be intelligent about things. Just because there isn't a sign saying "Don't Do It" doesn't make it OK to do it.

Most grocery stores have no issue with people who graze while shopping but all grocery stores have an issue with people not paying for the food. WalMart actually trains people to watch for customers eating out of packages and to call management if they see it, but they rarely do.

Did Safeway overreact? Absolutely. Were they wrong to treat the people as shoplifters? No. By definition they did shoplift.

Does the family deserve an apology? Mmmm...maybe for the overreaction but not for the accusation of shoplifting. Do the people who were arrested owe one? Yes. This whole thing started because of their actions. Blaming Safeway because these people ate food and didn't pay for it is misguided. Safeway handled it the way most retailers would except most retailers would have realized it was an honest mistake and let them pay for the sandwiches and closed the issue.

Safeway is guilty of overreacting and mishandling the situation, but that is it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast