Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bohorvat53's Items on eBay

Always amazing reading your show n tell posts Barrie. Your son must be thrilled meeting all those NHL stars!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thumbs up

Thank you everyone for the replies, we have had a ton of fun putting this PC together the past 5 years. It is really enjoyable on all fronts, from the cards, to the memorabilia and especially all of our meetings with Anze.

Very cool story! Kopitar is a class act, and great role model for your little man. Go Austin keep collecting those Kopi's. I predict this story might make it into becket one day!

Kopitar is a class act and terrific role model. He has been amazing to Austin over the years. Wait until yuo guys see what he did for his little brother Blake.

Austin doesn't need to be in Beckett. I did that a quite a bit between writing articles for them over the past decade plus and showing off my own cards.

I have seen some of those Super Collector issues but never bothered submitting anything. People know who we/he is and I am sure his brother and him will be eternally linked to the LA Kings after what they did for the family.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1515271

Besides, the most important person already knows who is Kopitar's biggest fan:

Anze Kopitar himself!

the pic of Kopi and Austin sitting in his stroller with his sippy cup is too freaking ADORABLE. thanks for sharing the extensive Kopic PC too. always wondered what it looked like.

Kevin, that is the first picture I ever took of them and even though it is not perfectly "posed" it is a classic because the sippy cup conveys how young Austin was when he first met his boy! I LOVE that shot, everyone does. And as you can see it's even on Kopi's official website he liked it so much.

As far as the PC, that is not even close to everything, that's just a smattering of the total cards.

Obviously a lot of the base, inserts, etc are not that sexy. I am working on scanning more but have tried to just get a good amount of the autos and memorabilia scanned in, unless someone wants to see some Victory or Score base?

I've been following all of your Austin and Kopitar stuff for quite a while now and have already seen most of these photos, but they still amaze me every time. As always, the card collection is amazing, but they really can't beat the special relationship and experiences that Austin has with Anze. Some really fantastic stuff, thanks for sharing!

Jordan, thanks dude, we appreciate the kind words. This has been the BEST time of my life collecting cards with Austin. Now that he is 7 and starting to overcome some of his challenges with his Autistic needs, we are really able to enjoy the PC more and more each day. He knows which cards he likes best, is understanding all the differences between "good" cards and "better" cards and "ok" cards. I guess that's his designation for high, mid and low end.

As far as his relationship with Anze, no doubt, it's special. You can tell each time Anze sees Austin how much he cares. He sits there, listens to him, talks to him, asks him questions. The smile on Anze's face always tells me he is genuine. Austin gets so excited to see him and you can tell Anze reciprocates that.

B,
    The Dude has the coolest Player Collection that I have ever seen, not just the cards, but the photos, and memories that go with them.

Awesome stuff and best wishes to you and your family.

High Five for The Dude.

Benn

Benn, always good to see you pop up over here my friend. You're one of the best friends I have ever made through this hobby, almost like some quasi-cousin or something. LOL

Anyway, we appreciate the kind words, but how do you think we're gonna make all this up to the little brother Blake? Austin has a pretty nice head start on him in collecting and in-person adventures!

All our best to you and your fam, Lola gets two high fives from The Grice Boys!

Always amazing reading your show n tell posts Barrie. Your son must be thrilled meeting all those NHL stars!

Thanks for the kind words, Austin does love all the in-person fun we have but he really enjoys the Kings outings the most obviously as his favorite player is on that team and the Kings are his boys!

Keep watching this thread and take care!
    Last edited by Prime B; 11-12-2011 at 11:41 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saw this on NHL.com, pretty cool:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=600459

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Wild Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    See ceej830's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Awesome as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO WILD!!!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gretzky_collector's Items on eBay

It is the perfect day to start a show and tell thread about a player who wears # 11.

Only once in our lifetimes (I think) will we have this date on the calender.

Not unless we have any 100 year old members, lol.

I always love the pics with Austin and Kopitar. Those are true collectibles! Would that stick be the centerpiece of the little guys Kopitar PC?

I assume by know Anze recognizes you guys and knows you by name now?

Awesome show and tell!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

niceee collection

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW!!! What a view man! The cards are just freaking amazing along with the stories and moments! Thanks for sharing!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like the countless others on the board here I have been following these engaging posts for the last few years and cant help but get a smile on my face every time I stumble across one and see some outstanding acts of kindness on behalf of the players. Not to mention the fantastic experience that you get to spend with your sons.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (27) UCB
    Country
    See ultimatehockeyfan's Items on eBay

Outstanding PC! You have tons of excellent looking patches. Keep it up man!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutely superb!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast