Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

The economic downturn started during Clinton's reign. The issues in Iraq can be traced back to before I was old enough to vote. The current policy of "spend until we are bankrupt" is Obama's doing.

I can complain about all of it.

Actually this mess tarted long before Clinton it can be traced back to Regan ( national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during Reagan's tenure ) mismanagement of national funds and the constant attempt to pay off monies A by borrowing from monies B and so on and ta da we have this national debt crisis, While Obama and the last few presidents have not done well it must be said they didnt start out with much in the way of economic hope, then again they didn't nip it in the bud when they had the chance they continued to hide, cover up and mismanage our $.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Actually this mess tarted long before Clinton it can be traced back to Regan ( national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during Reagan's tenure ) mismanagement of national funds and the constant attempt to pay off monies A by borrowing from monies B and so on and ta da we have this national debt crisis, While Obama and the last few presidents have not done well it must be said they didnt start out with much in the way of economic hope, then again they didn't nip it in the bud when they had the chance they continued to hide, cover up and mismanage our $.

Church!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

actually this mess tarted long before clinton it can be traced back to regan ( national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during reagan's tenure ) mismanagement of national funds and the constant attempt to pay off monies a by borrowing from monies b and so on and ta da we have this national debt crisis, while obama and the last few presidents have not done well it must be said they didnt start out with much in the way of economic hope, then again they didn't nip it in the bud when they had the chance they continued to hide, cover up and mismanage our $.

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Why was this? To reduce interest rates and inflation? As well as ramping up the defense budget. It seems his tax policies had some positive effect seeing the federal deficit related to GDP was almost half of what it was when he took office. Sounds like more revenue to me. He grew the GDP dramatically, cut unemployment and drastically lowered inflation.
    It does suck that we had to triple the deficit by all means. I believe it dissapointed Reagan as well. But to blame him for the wreckless spending of that last couple administrations is stupid.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

And tell me how any of what you mentioned does not describe your lil buddy gwb to the tee?

I don't think "my lil buddy GWB" did anything to the healthcare or energy market.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Why was this? To reduce interest rates and inflation? As well as ramping up the defense budget. It seems his tax policies had some positive effect seeing the federal deficit related to GDP was almost half of what it was when he took office. Sounds like more revenue to me. He grew the GDP dramatically, cut unemployment and drastically lowered inflation.
    It does suck that we had to triple the deficit by all means. I believe it dissapointed Reagan as well. But to blame him for the wreckless spending of that last couple administrations is stupid.

None of that really matters when the lasting effect was an almost tripling of the national debt. And its not only the reckless spending by those after him, its the fact they never addressed the debt solutions and just kept doing what they party before them did because the money was there to cover everything up. Just recently the resources dried up enough to reveal the economic devastation that had been eating away at this country for decades. Obama still tried to pull it off with the stimulus spending which did nothing. You can't fix old problems with old solutions.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is why I voted for and will vote again for President Obama. He was the only viable canidate that actually gave a damn. (Can I say that on here??) The rest were politicians as usual. It's real said that every time that President Obama tries to do something the other side blocks him not because it is a bad idea but only because it is politics and they don't want to appear that their opponents have better ideas than them. I though that all politicians regardless of their politicial party have to ultimately answer to the people.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

My life got financially better under Bush and I still had complaints. That's a pretty terrible argument. So you have complaints about "Bush's mess" but none about Obama? What has he done differently? Cripple the healthcare, energy, and national debt?

well we know that, you have complaints about everything!!

How exactly has Obama taken money out of your pocket? I don't give a crap about the national debt just like if a friend I know is in financial debt. No reason for me to worry, its not my problem. I'll help them out some if they're really in hard times but again its not something that is my concern to deal with. And who cares about energy? The world will still be around for the next possible 80 years of our lives so live it up. I'm not going to turn in my '72 Chevelle and Dodge Viper so I can pretend I'm making a difference in the world with my new electric cars. Just like everyone says about our government and their help with foreign aid. Take care of ourselves here first and then if we have the means help out others

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I don't think "my lil buddy GWB" did anything to the healthcare or energy market.

Bush deregulated the crap out of the energy market when he was Governor of Texas, and he pretty much continued it during his presidency. After all, there were tons of rumors going around that Bush was going to make deregulation king (and former Enron Chairman) Ken Lay his Energy Secretary, but eventually choosing Spencer Abraham instead. Makes me wonder if Bush knew at that point, that Enron was a house of cards. He and Lay were apparently great friends.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Bush deregulated the crap out of the energy market when he was Governor of Texas, and he pretty much continued it during his presidency. After all, there were tons of rumors going around that Bush was going to make deregulation king (and former Enron Chairman) Ken Lay his Energy Secretary, but eventually choosing Spencer Abraham instead. Makes me wonder if Bush knew at that point, that Enron was a house of cards. He and Lay were apparently great friends.

so he thought he had a good Lay but turned out to be a bad one??? We've all been there

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast