Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: $500 to Spend

SCF Rewards
    Country

$500 to Spend

So I've collected when I was much younger, but recently been watching box breaks online and figured to "reward" myself for a good year. If you had $500 and looking for fun and a chance at pulling a monster, what would you spend it on? Should I look at some older stuff? Or try something current?

Also, I couldn't find anything on 11/12 The Cup, but when is that released? I wouldn't mind a Cody Hodgson or RNH RC of some sort. Or is better to go after Dominion now? Their product looks solid.

BANNED

Country

11-12 Cup & Dominion won't be released until late summer 2012.

10-11 Cup/Dominion are great because they've got a decent number of rookies that sell well. Dominion gives you a better chance of breaking even, Cup gives you a better shot at that ONE big hit.

If you're looking for a great RNH or Hodgson rookie, you're gonna have to wait. They have Young Guns, but those are pretty basic rookies.

With what you've said (looking for a monster), I'd go with The Cup, but make sure the tin is from a fresh case. Each case has 6 tins, and some vendors (jerky ones) will try and sell you a tin for much cheaper knowing that the case hit is already gone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

08-09 spx from dacardworld because you could get probably 9-10 boxes on black Friday. They sell for $70 each regular price.. amazing because if you hit a stamkos /499, that card sells for $250 or more alone..

Cheers
    Andrew
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, that was a lot of great advice for a new thread. Thanks for the tip about waiting till the summer until the great RC comes out in The Cup or Dominion.

For right now it seems like it is a better idea to purchase some older stuff and maybe hit it big OR Panini Pinnacle looks promising as well and that is released on Wednesday. But that's a good idea about the Black Friday sales coming up. Might be the perfect time to get back into card collecting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would it be worth it to pick up either 2010/11 The Cup or Dominion? There doesn't seem to be a lot of super high end stuff for the current season right now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stephen.vorel's Items on eBay

To be honest The Cup is a little risky at $400+ when some of the ARP aren't exactly huge rookies.

Dominion has the most beautiful patches I have ever seen and overall I think its a great product.

SP Authentic also has some great rookie patches although they are like 2 per case but the top ones(Seguin, Skinner) are great pulls.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Go on eBay and buy what u want with $500! Best bang for your buck

SCF Rewards
    Country

Go on eBay and buy what u want with $500! Best bang for your buck

This doesn't compare to opening packs/boxes though. It's all about instant gratification