Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Tavares sucks

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Doug Wickenheiser.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Buffy1022's Items on eBay

You must not be watching the same NHL that I am. Seguin started to shine in the Playoffs, with minimal minutes. Now he's a team leader, who's getting better everyday, dominating his competition, and leading his team in points! (World Champs!) He's got everything going for him if he can stay healthy being on such a good team. 10-0 in the last 10 games has a ton to do with Seguin.

If Tavares actually had an acting cast like Seguin, his numbers would be much better. It's a team sport, and no help can make or break your career. The Islanders need a serious makeover, or better yet send Tavares, and Nino somewhere else.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Doug Wickenheiser !!!! Is he still alive? i thought i heard he was sick. Hope he's ok.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah hes slowly getting there...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Can we have all the chirpers rebuttal their comments now. Kid has been on a roll and as the team slowly develops some depth to their lineup his numbers will only improve. LMAO he's 21 years old, give your heads a shake.

BANNED

Country

He is too young to call a flop, a very young team I must say to boot, he will pick up his game as time goes by! And this is coming from a Wing Fan! Everyone picked at Joe Thorton at one time in his early years! I can hear Don Cherry now! leave the kid alone! LOL!

Country

Can we have all the chirpers rebuttal their comments now. Kid has been on a roll and as the team slowly develops some depth to their lineup his numbers will only improve. LMAO he's 21 years old, give your heads a shake.

hes still a bust so far in comparison to all the hype he got.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Looking better than Daigle and Falloon at the same age.
    Seriously, calling a 21 year old a "bust" regardless of hype is so shortsighted glasses wouldn't even help. Don't forget, the hype isn't that he's one of the best players ever. The hype was that he was the best available player to draft that season. If you decide to turn that into "He'd better run the league or he sucks" that's your problem and no one else's. He's playing solidly for a terrible, terrible team that has a little offense, less defense and no goaltending (despite having 3 goalies).

In short, remember what the actual hype was about and if in ten years he's doing nothing THEN you can call him a bust, but to call him a bust, even when using qualifiers like "so far" and "in comparison" is, like I said, ridiculously short-sighted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Tavares sucks and Seguin is a bust... who knew!

Let me add a more recent draft bust name to the list being tossed around... Jack Skille.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 01-01-2012 at 07:40 PM.

BANNED

Country

Meh! leave the Kid alone, guess I should say the same thing about your Trading rating, maybe you should get some ratings before we start saying you are a flop too! LOL!
    I watched him play, not bad for a rookie, Yes , a Rookie, with a good back ground, give him time brother, not like you have one card of his, Do you? Aint like you are taking a loss at his PC like others who spent the big bucks on his cards! I laugh when they pay off!
    Knocking Young Rookies that bring more folks to watch NHL games to me is just wrong in my eyes, shame on you! Are you a true Hockey Fan?

Shakes head!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast