Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Negro League TTM

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

Negro League TTM

This thread is twofold. First, I want to create a current list of living Negro Leaguers who still sign TTM.

I'm about to start a Negro Leagues TTM campaign. Too many of them are gone and the ones that are still around aren't getting any younger.

Second, I'm looking for good photos of these players, and would prefer the photos be of them in uniform during their playing days. I would like photos big enough to print as 8x10s, but I can make smaller prints if high enough quality photos just don't exist. I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere about requesting photos but for some reason I couldn't find it.

Players in particular that I'm looking for... and please expand this list if you know of others still alive and signing!

John Mule Miles
    Ted Toles
    Robert Scott
    Monte Irvin

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by GoWarrior; 12-01-2011 at 09:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good idea. I'd like to add Mahlon Duckett, and Art "Superman" Pennington, both played while the Negro Leagues were still in their prime before the major leagues integrated. Pennington signs for a small fee, but it would probably be a good idea to give something to Duckett for his trouble also. I'm guessing these guys don't get a pension from their playing days and I know that Pennington's house was nearly destroyed a few years ago from a flood.

By the way, you will be in for a treat when you get your return from Miles. He's one of the best TTMers there is. Bon Chance!
    Last edited by Alceste606; 12-01-2011 at 09:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Doing research, found a few more to add to the list. I believe them all to be alive and signing.

Herb 'Briefcase' Simpson
    Clifford Brown
    Stanley 'Doc' Glenn
    Maurice Peatros (last surviving member of Crawfords and Grays)
    Sam Allen
    Thomas Turner
    Carl Long
    Minnie Minoso
    Joe B. Scott
    Ernie 'Cokey' Nimmons
    Henry Presswood
    Bill Greason
    George Altman
    Joe Durham
    James "Red" Moore
    Mack Pride
    Ron Teasley
    Sonny Carroll

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mamie 'Peanut' Johnson (one of three women to play in the Negro Leagues)

SCF Rewards
    Country

ayup bud, just a heads up as you may want to update your profile to remove that horrid looking red warning side under your forum name .... good luck with your negro league TTM tho