Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers

JSA Authentication..Good or Bad?

JSA Authentication..Good or Bad? or they a legit company for authentication? i know PSA/DNA ist he most recognized, but what about JSA?

SCF Rewards
    Country

JSA is good, however, PSA is far superior. For example JSA will not pass ANY Albert Pujols (so if you have a recent JSA Pujols, it's a fake COA) and it seems like only 1 or 2 guys over there are familiar with historical stuff (It seems many authentic "historical" autos get rejected by them). PSA is also known by many more people!

SCF Rewards
    Country

From personal experience, I have nothing but great things to say about JSA. I have had horrible experiences with PSA. It really comes down to personal preference. I recommend JSA.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See CatdaddysCards55's Items on eBay

After some articles and reports I've read, I would probably avoid JSA. That's just me personally. I would suggest doing some research. Check for any pending or past investigations. There was a thread on here about James Spence and his company having authenticated a boxers autograph. The catch was that the autos was purposely forged AFTER the boxer had died, to prove something.

Everyone screws up, so no company is going to be 100% accurate. I just stay away from anything that will need authenticated, anymore. The risk isn't worth the money it costs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See taaamps's Items on eBay

I will never use JSA again. They denied my McGwire auto ball that I got signed in person in the early 90's and when I asked they guy what was wrong with it he turned his laptop around to me and said he has 11 McGwire autos on file and mine doesn't match up with any of them. So he basically said they compare your item with what they have on file. Oh but the story gets better. I pull out my phone and go to ebay and find a McGwire ball that is Steiner certified and compare it to mine and they are identical! I go back to the booth and show JSA and he still won't budge. I get a call the next day from JSA stating they made a mistake and if I come back down they will waive the $50 fee and certify the ball. They were working the Mounted Memories show here in Chicago. So I drove back down, paid $10 to get in and $5 to park to get the ball certified. Short of the long is I'll never use them again.

If you go to www.haulsofshame.com they are always having a hayday with JSA. Here is some good reading here: http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?m=201109