Thread: Today's card store buys

Today's card store buys

I was in Toronto and stopped by a card store today on my way home. I bought 21 packs of Topps 02-03 basketball and a few singles. I had bought 10 packs from the same box previously (36 packs in a box, 10 cards per pack which is better than most). I got most of the cards I needed for the set and plenty of doubles which is OK because I'm looking for commons for a couple other people.

The singles I bought were:

Kenyon Martin 02-03 Topps Chrome Franchise Fabrics ($10 Cdn)
    Dajuan Wagner " " The Move ref. ($5 Cdn)
    Juan Dixon 02-03 Finest (auto) RC ($30Cdn)

Here is the breakdown from the packs

Base - Shaq, McGrady, MJ
    Rookies - Commons except Fred Jones, Wagner (2), Yao Ming (2), no Stoudemire but got him from earlier packs

Inserts - No Auto or Relic - Overall Odds - 1:72
    Coast to Coast - Jamal Tinsley, Kobe, Steve Francis
    Top Tandems - Allen/Robinson, Shaq/Kobe, Carter/Peterson, Marion/Marbury, Francis/Mobley
    Verticality - Pau Gasol, Kobe
    Black Border (/500) - Jamal Mashburn

I know a dealer who has a bunch of commons so hopefully I can complete the set. These are the cards that two other people and I need for our sets:

1, 27, 39, 40, 41, 46 (2), 51 (2), 53 (2), 54, 55, 56, 60, 65 (2), 78, 79, 84, 87, 89, 93, 94, 99, 107 (2), 113, 115, 117 (2), 152, 203

I am also looking for inserts that I don't have from this set, especially relics and autos.
    My email is wrafman@hotmail.com

Good luck collecting to all

Nice pick ups. I had some good luck with Topps this year. I pulled an auto of Donnell Harvey and a Tim Duncan Auto/Jersey #ed out of 97 from the same box. Unfortunately, the Duncan was in the 1 pack I sold to my younger brother.

Warren, let me know what inserts from the set you need. I have some from the box that I bought.

eddycurryfan2
    Unfortunately, the Duncan was in the 1 pack I sold to my younger brother.

OUCH.

huh? you sell cards/packs to your own brother?

are you serious?

Interested in trading for the Tinsley Coast to Coast. Let me know if it's for trade, or if you are keeping it for a master set. Thanks,

Ryan

podstock, it was just this one time I sold a pack to my brother (he's 10 years old) He wanted to go to the card shop to get cards but the packs are way overpriced there. I had just got an unopened box of Topps Jumbo of ebay for real cheap so I told him I'd give him a pack(a jumbo pack with like 40 cards or something) for like $2. He offered to pay more but I didn't really want him to give me more.

Smile

I personally think that it was extremely nice of you to give your brother that pack and not beg for the card once he pulled it. That is an explicit example of what the world is truly about.