Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Update Day:

TTMs
    1/1-Brandon McCarthy on Gypsy Queen 13
    1/1-Chris Parmalee on 12' Heritage

IP: Cavaliers vs Mavericks.

The place was packed for autographs and I got to the 2nd row...bad jump so I figured I wouldn't be doing my usual cleaning up as I am use to. However, I didn't do half bad.

1/1 Shane Larkin on 13-14 Prestige
    1/1 Jae Crowder on 13-14 NBA Hoops
    1/1 DeJuan Blair on 12-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1 Wayne Ellington on Program
    1/1 Samuel Dalembert on 09-10 Panini

Surprise of the day:
    1/1 Terry Francona on Program-Totally did not expect Indians manager Terry Francona to be at the game. Nice surprise, just wish I would've brought his cards.

Also had a buddy placed over at the Cavaliers side just so I could pick up this gem.

1/1 Luol Deng on 12-13 NBA Hoops

All in all a good day! Pics to come later.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So I went to the Canton Charge vs. Fort Wayne Mad Ants game expecting one thing...only to get something even better.

Preface- I was suppose to hit the Cavs v Bulls game. Plans had to change due to a family incident that occurred. Everything is fine now, but I couldn't do Cleveland tonight. Therefore, I decided to go to the D-League game for 2 reasons. One was the fact that I needed Tony Mitchell and I had an extra Peyton Siva card to get signed, but then I also found out that Carrick Felix and Sergey Karasev got sent down and I had yet to get Karasev. Needless to say, I was excited.

Only that excitement became let down when it was revealed that both Siva and Tony Mitchell were back with the Pistons and the Mad Ants just never updated the website. So before the game I went to the Charge side, only to find out that both Felix and Karasev were both already in the locker room, double rats. However, I saw an assistant coach out there that I couldn't pass up.

1/1-James Posey on a 09-10 Panini. Seriously one of the nicest guys around. Its a real pleasure to have him coach in Canton.

So here comes the complete shocker of the night. Coincidentally, it came when the stadium was presenting the "fan of the night" award. It went to none other than Cleveland Native and Jacksonville Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts. I grabbed a blank white poster and approached him. Sure enough...

1/1 Cecil Shorts on Blank Sheet. Will eventually take a paper cutter and make it nice and clean looking.

Immediately after the game.

1/1-Carrick Felix on 13-14 Panini Prestige RC
    1/1 Sergey Karasev on 13-14 Panini Prestige RC

I was worried cause fans had stated that they weren't great signers. I knew that Felix was as I got him at a preseason game in Canton this year. Karasev scared me a bit, but glad to obtain him nonetheless.

All in all, eight dollars well spent.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Man, I cannot remember the last time I have had such a stellar month. Let's get to it.

TTM- Bob McAdoo on Panini Prestige 13-14

IP: Cavaliers vs New Orleans Pelicans

I did not realize how well of a signing team the Pelicans were. It seemed like everybody stopped and took time out to say hi to the fans and sign. Awesome stuff. It also was a plus to bring a date to the game so that she could help out with my haul!

1/1- Brian Roberts on 13-14 NBA Hoops
    2/2- Greg Stiemsma on 2 12-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1- Jeff Withey on 13-14 NBA Hoops RC
    1/1- Ryan Anderson on 13-14 Panini Prestige
    1/1- Al-Farouq Aminu on 13-14 Panini Prestige

1/1- Darius Miller on Top Loader
    1/1- Anthony Morrow on 12-13 NBA Hoops
    (Side Note: All the 1/1s here were due to lack of cards. The only exception to this was Ryan Anderson who left at the same time Stiemsma did and my date didn't have a fast enough reaction to get him on another card. All good though as I got 2/2 from him last season).

Then the business picked up

2/2 Eric Gordon on 1 12-13 NBA Hoops and 1 13-14 NBA Hoops
    2/2 Tyreke Evans on 1 12-13 NBA Hoops and 1 13-14 Panini Prestige
    2/2 Austin Rivers on 1 12-13 NBA Hoops RC and 1 13-14 Panini Prestige
    2/2 Anthony Davis on 1 12-13 NBA Hoops RC and 13-14 NBA Hoops

So all in all an excellent haul. Only thing is that Anthony Davis' autograph is kinda sloppy. Somebody at the game said that his college autograph was much nicer, but hey, it's still cool to have! Pictures will be up later.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Another nice TTM came in today!

1/1-Deron Williams on a 12-13 NBA Hoops

Anybody know if his are legit TTM?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Those are some great NBA sigs, I'll see those teams soon so I hope they sign good like that here.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Man, it's good to have successes.

Memphis Grizzlies vs Cleveland Cavaliers

3/3 Kosta Koufos on 9-10 Panini Basketball, 2008 PressPass, & 8x10.

So first off this success is pretty cool to me because I actuall know Kosta Koufos. He grew up in my hometown and actually played for a rival school. I met him at a close friend's graduation party and actually played some basketball with him (in which he kicked my butt). I looked forward to this game all season and sure enough, he was one of the first ones out there with his own family and friends in attendance. He came up to me in the stands (as people would when they are signing), and asked if he remembered me. Sure enough, he did. I'll tell you what, I am not sure if it's just Cleveland (close to his hometown) or whatever, but the man was super friendly to all the fans getting autographs. He even went into the stands and introduced himself to a lot of the fans. The man was nothing but class and I am personally glad to see him doing well in the NBA.

1/1 Nick Calathes on 2009-10 UD rookie card
    2/2 Tayshaun Prince on 12-13 NBA Hoops and 13-14 Panini Prestige
    1/1 Darius Morris on 12-13 Panini Past & Present rookie card
    1/1 Brevin Knight on Toploader
    1/1 James Johnson on 2009-10 UD rookie card
    2/2 Ed Davis on 2 12-13 NBA Hoops. This one was special too as the girl I am dating pointed out this young kid who had nothing but an 8x10 of Kosta Koufos that he had given out and signed for his friends and family. He was trying to get it signed by all the Grizzlies players, and we couldn't let that kid ruin the personal 8x10 Kosta had given him. So luckily, I always bring extras and was able to give him an Ed Davis & Mike Conley card. In reality, it was 3/3 cause Davis saw the kid and was happy to sign again for the little one. It is important to help children with this hobby cause that's how most of us probably got into the hobby in the first place. Just seeing the kid's smile made it worthwhile.
    2/2 Marc Gasol on 2 12-13 NBA Hoops
    2/2 Tony Allen on 1 13-14 NBA Hoops & 13-14 Panini Prestige
    2/2 Jamaal Franklin on 13-14 Panini Prestige & 13-14 Panini Pinnacle
    3/3 Mike Conley on 13-14 Panini Prestige, 12-13 NBA Hoops, & 10-11 Panini Classics

All in all an amazing game. Also got a Tyler Zeller Bobblehead...which i may try to sell cause in all honesty, not very interested in it.

Next up on the agenda is the Orlando game on the 19th! Hope to get Aaron Afflalo

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Some cool stuff coming in via TTM today and yesterday. Will share with everybody in a minute, but first I wanted to address something. Although it is not on my goals sheet, I will be posting more images of what I obtain throughout the year. Problem with that is...I can be lazy from time to time. I'm honest, but realize at the same time that I should turn that around. Therefore, I think from this point on, if something new is picked up during the week, then each Sunday I will reveal and upload my haul for this week. That being said, here's the goods.

TTMs:

Huge shout out to Chitownautos as he and I just completed a trade. Since I had an extra Ryan Anderson auto, I pulled the trigger and traded for one of his extras:

1/1-Taj Gibson- Overall, I think it benefits both parties. Wish it was a 12-13 NBA Hoops card, but I'm happy with the trade. I like Gibson and think he's a very under-rated talent in the NBA.

Actual TTMs:

1st Success from Spring Training:

1/1-Billy Butler on Topps 2012

The next two were from last season. The first one was sent back on June 17th 2013 and received today.

1/1-Grant Balfour on Gypsy Queen 2013-Signed in gold, looks absolute amazing.

This next one has a weird spot. It's cool to get his autograph, I'm stoked to see it back from last year's ST. However, I am disappointed due to what has happened to him over the past season...Nonetheless.

1/1-Ryan Braun on 2013 Bowman: This is a cool card because it has his hometown/state flag in the background. Absolutely love the card and everything, but it's kind of weird adding him to my collection now. I just hope he has a bounce back season after all the scandals and suspensions.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Some cool stuff happening lately, let's get to it.

Canton Charge vs. Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

Went there tonight for two people really, left with 4 autos. First the ones I needed.

1/1 Isaiah Canaan on 2013-14 NBA Hoops
    1/1 Kenny Kadji on 2013-14 NBA Cavs Preseason Program: The program already had signatures on it from last year like Andrew Bynum, Anderson Varejao, etc. Trying to finish all the names on that sheet. It will be hard as I have no idea where Diop is nowadays, but still awesome to get.

Then some unexpected signatures.

1/1 Sergey Karasev on 2013-14 NBA Hoops: Literally an hour before the game I went to my local target and picked up a few packs (as I need some players for tomorrow's Magic v. Cavs game) and sure enough I got a Sergey Karasev RC. Funny enough, he was sent down to play tonight. Works out.
    1/1 Maalik Wayns on Ticket Stub.
    1/1 Ben Uzoh on Ticket Stub

Then when I returned from the game, some mail was waiting from me.

3/1- Bobby Doerr on 2013 Allen & Ginter & two addition index cards that he sent. Super generous guy! Awesome HOF return!

Tomorrow night is the Magic vs. Cavs. Probably won't hear back from me until Thursday but still should be good!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

If you get a maurice harkless on a magic card I would be interested if you are willing to trade it

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you get a maurice harkless on a magic card I would be interested if you are willing to trade it

PM me. I am very interested in making deals for signed NBA Hoops 2012-13. The picture will be seen here!

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic

Got there early to see Jameer Nelson getting ready to leave the court!

1/1 Jameer Nelson on 2012-13 NBA Hoops card. His signature was not the greatest, but I'll take it.

Next off the floor...actually these two came at the same time.

1/1 Ronnie Price on Toploader
    2/2 Maurice/Mo Harkless on 1 Panini Prestige 2013-14 & 1 NBA Hoops 2012-13 RC

Then the others
    1/1 Kyle O'Quinn on Toploader
    2/2 Aaron Afflalo on 1 Panini 09-10 & 1 NBA Hoops 2012-13
    2/2 Glen "Big Baby" Davis on Magazine Cover & 1 NBA Hoops 2012-13
    2/2 Victor Oladipo on 1 Panini Prestige 2013-14 & NBA Hoops 2013-14

All in all a pretty solid night.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast