Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ok I was looking back and seeing some events that I can participate in (one by Upper Deck).

If I might make a suggestion?

Is there a way you can list on a page separate from this page about the goings on?

Or is there already a place for all of the events, specials and give aways and Im just not finding it?

It could by a list like this:

Panini America’s Exclusive VIP Event will Reward National’s Biggest Breakers

SPORTKINGS ANNOUNCES 33RD NATIONAL VIP & REDEMPTION PROGRAM

UPPER DECK ANNOUNCES VIP & REDEMPTION PLANS FOR 33RD NATIONAL SPORTS COLLECTORS CONVENTION

That way its a little easier for people like me that joined the thread late to see whats going on in one convenient place.

I do daily updates of the event as I find them. Hence, they get posted in this thread and lost. Feel free to put title and links in the post for all to find. Never a problem to make it easier for all. Thanks for doing so.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

LELANDS.COM BRINGING RECORD SETTING BABE RUTH JERSEY TO 33RD NATIONAL IN BALTIMORE
    HIGHEST PRICE EVER PAID FOR SPORTS MEMORABILIA ON DISPLAY

Bohemia, NY (July 18, 2012)…Babe Ruth’s earliest game-used NY Yankees jersey known to exist set a record when New York auction house Lelands.com purchased it for a record $4.4 million—the highest price ever paid for a piece of sports memorabilia or card. The public will have a rare opportunity to view the world’s most famous shirt when Lelands.com displays the jersey at booth number 313/412 during the National Sports Collectors Convention (NSCC), August 1-5, at the Baltimore Convention Center.

"Babe Ruth is the king of all sports, the most iconic figure in sports history,” said Mike Heffner, president of Lelands.com. “We are ecstatic with the new owner’s decision to share this very rare, very special and very important piece of sports memorabilia with fans who would never otherwise have the opportunity to see it in person.”

The early 1920s jersey, purchased by Lelands.com this past May, was worn by the “Sultan of Swat” after coming over to the Yankees from the Boston Red Sox. It had previously been displayed at The Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum in Baltimore. An avid collector and baseball lover bought the jersey after one of the most high-profile and competitive auctions in the marketplace. The buyer, who wishes to remain anonymous, arranged for the jersey to also be displayed at the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Lelands.com is America’s oldest and most respected sports memorabilia auction house, and has handled such landmark collections as The Busch Stadium Collection, The Mickey Mantle Auction of the Greer Johnson Collection, The Harry M. Stevens Auction, Charlie Sheen Collection and the famed Boston Garden Auction, as well as individual pieces such as The Babe Ruth Sale Document. Over the past ten years, Lelands.com has sold over $100 million worth of vintage sports memorabilia and cards, pop culture memorabilia and photographs.

The Bambino’s jersey will be under guard for the duration of the NSCC show, the largest sports memorabilia show in the country for exhibitors, auction houses, dealers, collectors and fans. To learn more about the National Sports Collectors Convention (NSCC), August 1-5, at the Baltimore Convention Center, visit www.NSCCshow.com.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Just a day before I take off on my 2 week trip in the road to the National. I am still seeking people that want to get together after the show is done VIP Tickets holders to general public to gather and discuss things we like about SCF match faces to names etc..... please post on here or send me a PM thanks. Also looking for VIP Ticket holders for assistance in getting Autographs of Jack Morris & Bob Grich if intrested let me know via PM and Ill give ya all the details thanks.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@phillyteamhater See countrygal12284's Items on eBay

My husband(kpeifer84) and I are going Saturday and Sunday. We look to pick up a few hobby boxes and raid the dime and quarter boxes and the $1-$3 GU/Auto boxes. Went 2 years ago and loved it. Can't wait.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jimmy-v-cardboard's Items on eBay

My husband(kpeifer84) and I are going Saturday and Sunday. We look to pick up a few hobby boxes and raid the dime and quarter boxes and the $1-$3 GU/Auto boxes. Went 2 years ago and loved it. Can't wait.

Ok where would one find these? This is info a new low on funds person would be interested in....... :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@phillyteamhater See countrygal12284's Items on eBay

Ok where would one find these? This is info a new low on funds person would be interested in....... :)

Just gotta search through all the dealer's and tables. I don't really have any specific dealers or booth numbers. Last time we filled a 5-row box from the one dealer with dime cards all #ed or refractors. It is a lot of time going through all the boxes to find the better stuff but that's part of the fun for us.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Package Deal: Panini America to Deliver 1/1 Packaging Printing Plates to the National

While the collecting world anxiously awaits complete details on Panini America’s wrapper-redemption program for the 2012 National Sports Collectors Convention (which will be revealed in the coming days), there is at least one unique aspect we can shed some light on right now.

For the first time ever, Panini America will deliver 1/1 printing plates from product packaging through special instant-win redemption cards randomly inserted into National wrapper-redemption packs.

Panini America officials have cut down the printing plates used to manufacture boxes for such products as 2012 Score Football, 2012 Elite Football, 2011-12 Limited Basketball, 2011-12 Rookie Anthology Hockey and 2011 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Baseball and turned them into truly rare collectibles that will appeal equally to player collectors, set collectors and fans of unique hobby history.

Sharp in more ways than one, these printing plates will provide yet another reason for collectors to make the Panini America booth in Baltimore the must-see destination of the National. We’ll preview tons more reasons in the coming days, so stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for those details.

Until then, enjoy this package of preview pics from Panini America’s unprecedented prizes. (Say that five times fast.)

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...al/#more-27725

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

Plenty of lower end dealers that have these boxes. I've spent hours and hours at these tables the last several years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rbdawg85's Items on eBay

Anyone from Philly going? Id love to carpool.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jimmy-v-cardboard's Items on eBay

@Don,

Would love to but some of the updates do not have a hard link associated with then so I dont know your source. For example the Upper Deck I posted above I just linked the UD site.

Maybe next year I will setup a separate page/blog with that information of course I would need you assistance. :D

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast