Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

New Birth ceremony with Torah disrespectful, Jewish leaders say

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

not sure about the holocaust references but the entire ceremony seems strange to me. he declares him a king and then says later that isn't what he meant. i would love to understand what their intent was, but i just don't.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My thoughts...I wasted 3 minutes of my life reading that. I see nothing significant in what those people did. Looks to me to be nothing more than an issue of self-idolization and a bunch of people who have no idea of the significance of what they are doing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

The man should be in prison for the molestation of boys . To call him a king is disgusting . This church is a place that should be under constant survelance by the FBI at all times .

SCF Rewards
    Country

The man should be in prison for the molestation of boys . To call him a king is disgusting . This church is a place that should be under constant survelance by the FBI at all times .

As far as what I know all of his accusers were the age of consent for the state of Georgia so he cannot be prosecuted for any child molestation crimes. It may be more to this story but that is as much as I know about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Eddie Long has now apoligized to a Jewish group for his controversial ceremony.

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/bisho...s-1333271.html

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As far as what I know all of his accusers were the age of consent for the state of Georgia so he cannot be prosecuted for any child molestation crimes. It may be more to this story but that is as much as I know about it.

One was 17, one was 18. Age of consent aside, age 17 is a legal minor. The 18 year old should have filed a sexual assault complaint, not molestation.

My guesss is neither case went anywhere because the statute of limitations had expired. They waited 4 years to say anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One was 17, one was 18. Age of consent aside, age 17 is a legal minor. The 18 year old should have filed a sexual assault complaint, not molestation.

My guesss is neither case went anywhere because the statute of limitations had expired. They waited 4 years to say anything.

Not endorsing what he did but check this website and look at the age for Georgia.

http://ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Long was never accused of a crime but he was being sued because his accusers claimed that he used his position within his church to recieve sexual favors. If it went down the way the accusers did, Long would lose a lot of credibility in my book but he is still not a criminal. A pervert slimeball yes but in the eyes of the law a criminal not a criminal. That being said I would not leave him unsupervised around any young kids.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not endorsing what he did but check this website and look at the age for Georgia.

http://ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Long was never accused of a crime but he was being sued because his accusers claimed that he used his position within his church to recieve sexual favors. If it went down the way the accusers did, Long would lose a lot of credibility in my book but he is still not a criminal. A pervert slimeball yes but in the eyes of the law a criminal not a criminal. That being said I would not leave him unsupervised around any young kids.

I realize that the law may say a 17-year old is of the age of legal consent, that doesn't mean that I accept it as morally acceptable for an adult man to copulate with a 17-year old.

For that matter, age aside, how does the church uphold him as a religious leader when his sexual practices (homosexuality) are in conflict with their teachings?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I realize that the law may say a 17-year old is of the age of legal consent, that doesn't mean that I accept it as morally acceptable for an adult man to copulate with a 17-year old.

For that matter, age aside, how does the church uphold him as a religious leader when his sexual practices (homosexuality) are in conflict with their teachings?

I totally agree with you on that point. The church teaches that no male of any age should ever have sexual relations with another male under any circumstances.
    Leviticus 18:22

King James Version (KJV)

22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

So if he did what he has been accused of he has indeed performed an immoral act. Some of newbirth's members are supporting him no matter what but I know for a fact that a lot of members have left him. One famous minister I believe that it was Crefallo Dollar but I could be wrong said that he does not want eddie long's parishoners. The reason why is that he feels that you should be loyal to your minister when he is going through a storm and not jump ship. My bishop is cool with eddie long and when this first went down he said don't rush to judgement and keep eddie long and newbirth in prayer. He hasn't said too much since. I also know that fighting lawsuits are expensive but I settling the lawsuit leaves too many unanswered questions. There will always be whispers about if he did it or not. I'm sure that if he was not guilty his church would support him having his day in court to fight these charges.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast