Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF's 9th Birthday All-Sports Contests!

March 3rd, 2012, is the 9th birthday of Sports Card Forum, and everybody is invited to the party!

As a special thank you to the people who are responsible for SCF’s amazing growth over the years—that’s you, our amazing members!—we have a special contest that is going to run in each sport’s Contest Forum with an awesome prize in each section to be given away! That’s right – it’s our party and we’re bringing you the presents!

Here is the contest:

Tell us your favourite card acquired here at Sports Card Forum. This can be a card you acquired via a trade, a sale, a card cash purchase, a pack sale, or a staff-sponsored group break, as long as you got the card from someone, somehow, via SCF we want to see it and we want to know why it is your absolute favourite card. The “SCF Experience” is something that we value very highly, as we want all of our members to consider SCF the best site online for all their hobby needs. Share with us the card, the photo, and the story and you can win a great prize.

Here is an example of how your entry could go. There's no "right" or "wrong" way to do this, just go with what feels best for you!

A couple of years ago, doniceage hosted a group case break that featured 2007-08 ITG O Canada and 2006-07 ITG Between The Pipes. I very rarely participate in group breaks, but these two products have a lot of cards of my favourite player (Carey Price) in them that spotlight his early years as a hockey player. It’s so tough to find his Tri-City Americans or Team Canada stuff, and with a case of each being broken, and with a bit of good luck on the draft position, I thought that maybe I could end up grabbing some rare items for my PC. The draft positions were announced and I ended up with the #4 spot in O Canada and the #8 spot in Between The Pipes. I thought to myself that this would end up working out all right – there’s enough great cards that could potentially be pulled that any Price stuff would slide down to me. Then Don posted the videos of the breaks – in the 7th box of O Canada out popped a Carey Price Complete Jersey. As Don said, “Get happy folks!” This was far and away the best card out of the break and there was no way I could let it go to someone else, so I got in touch with the fellow who had the #1 overall pick. I gave him all of my picks in both drafts plus some other cards to secure that #1 position. No matter what else was in the breaks, I simply had to have the Price Complete Jersey. The deal was agreed to and to this day this is the card that remains my favourite card acquired here at SCF. And really, how could it not be? Just take a look at this gem!

So now that you have an idea of what to do, what are the prizes? SCF has spared no expense and dug deep into the prize vault for each sport. Here is what we have available for each sport:

Football – 2011 Limited Rookie Jumbo Jersey Numbers #34 DeMarco Murray

Baseball – 2011 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs 172 Brandon Belt Autograph

Hockey – 2010-11 Panini Dominion Private Signings #MR Manon Rheaume Autograph

Basketball –2010-11 Elite Black Box The Rookies #3 DeMarcus Cousins 3-color Patch (27/99)

Racing –2011 Press Pass Legends Pacing The Field PFABE Bill Elliott Autograph (16/40)

MMA – 2009 UFC Round 1 Autograph Michael Bisping - A-MB

Wrestling – 4000CC that can be used to purchase any card(s) from the CC Store

The contest period will run until Saturday, March 10th at which time the staff from each sport will vote on the best submissions. The winner in each sport will receive the prize listed above. Runners-up, we have something for you too! The member who comes in 2nd place in each sport’s voting will receive 1,000CC.

In addition to your submission, we also have the following requirements for contest entry:
    1. Please Digg The SCF Birthday Contest here: OFFICIAL DIGG LINK PLEASE POST IN THE THREAD WITH YOUR POST THAT YOU HAVE DUGG THE LINK AND POST YOUR DIGG ID
    2. Please enter into at least one transaction on SCF during the contest period. YOU MUST POST A UNIQUE TRADE LINK FOR EACH ENTRY! This can be any deal that is eligible to be posted in the Trade Manager except for CC-for-Paypal deals. We want to see an actual transaction involving cards! You do not have to complete the deal, as we all know that the mail system cannot always deliver – we just want you to be active in trading, buying, or selling.
    3. You must be a member in good standing. This means no major infractions on your account in the past 30 days; no suspensions: if you have been suspended from SCF for rule violations during the past 30 days, you are disqualified from participating; no negative feedback for the past 30 days prior to the beginning of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.
    4. Due to the voting requirements for staff on best break, SCF Staff are not eligible to participate in this contest.
    5. You may enter into each sport’s contest once! You may enter a unique submission in any or all of the sports you wish, but you must have a unique story for each sport – you cannot simply copy and paste the story and substitute a sport-appropriate card. Multiple submissions in a single sport (i.e. Baseball) will result in disqualification from that sport’s contest as well as any others you have entered.

Once again, a big thank you to all of SCF’s valued members that have helped make this the very best online trading community! We look forward to your entries!
    Last edited by RGM81; 03-03-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Please note: this is NOT the area where you enter your submissions. Click on the links in each sport's section to be taken to the official entry pages for the respective sports!

Have fun!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Got my entries in for hockey,baseball and football, unfortunately no good basketball acquired here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Put in my entry for Hockey.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Winners for all sports will be announced soon! Just waiting for a couple more votes to come in!

BANNED

Country

CAnt wait!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

same here, i'm checking this thread every 10 minutes... lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

same here, i'm checking this thread every 10 minutes... lol

Yeah can't wait to see who wins.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you to everybody that participated in the SCF 9th Birthday All Sports Contest! We received a number of entries across the sports forums, and here are the winners!

Winners will be notified via PM - all CC prizes will be awarded by the end of the night and all card prizes will be sent out as soon as possible.

Thank you to everybody who has supported SCF for the last 9 years and helped make this site the very best trading site on the Internet!

Baseball
    1st: andrewhoya - 2011 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs #172 Brandon Belt
    2nd: samoan3d - 1000CC

Basketball
    1st: jdlee123 - 2010-11 Elite Black Box The Rookies #3 DeMarcus Cousins
    2nd: Vixsportscards - 1000CC

Football
    1st: Anthony - 2011 Limited Rookie Jumbo Jersey Numbers #34 DeMarco Murray
    2nd: Nightfury82 - 1000CC

Hockey
    1st: gardzy99 - 2010-11 Dominion Private Signings #MR Manon Rheaume
    2nd: roaddogg02316 - 1000CC