Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As was already said, nobody forced you to come here and nobody forced you to sign up. If you don't like the trading rules then you don't have to trade here. Nobody will come to your house and beg you to come back. SCF is the #1 trade site on the web for a reason. Traders here are the best in the hobby.

If you want to go trade on other sites, be my guest. But I will issue you a fair warning...those other sites are loaded with people who were banned from here for being scammers and bad traders. If you feel that you can trust them more than someone on here with hundreds of good trades and nothing but positive feedback, then I wish you luck.
    Last edited by 11chaos; 03-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am new to this forum and must send first for a while (currently only 2 trades and 1 in progress). My advice is to be smart about it. I would put more thought into doing any high $$$ trades until I reach the threshold or you are trading with a buyer that has a long history on here. When it comes to a sale, I do agree it makes sense to not send until the payment is received. But the rules are the rules and I enjoy this site so I will follow them.

There kind of is a loophole in this policy. You can make many small trades to reach the minimum to not send first. Then the first trade you are eligible to not send first you can buy/trade for a high $$$ item, not send your $$ or card mutually agreed upon for the trade and then hit the high road....I guess that would have to be your motive all along because your address and phone # are on file. That is just my .02.
    Last edited by 11chaos; 03-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

When I was starting to deal here, I pretty much used up my first 20 trades just buying stuff. That way it's pretty much just like eBay. I send payment, and I get cards. Easy.

As for making offers, if you don't like doing that, then just don't. There are plenty of people on here who list cards with prices. Personally, I don't have people make offers. If I'm selling a card, I always have an idea of what I want for it, so I just give a price. But I understand that not everyone likes to do things that way.

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think why people don't have a price and say make offer is so that people free bump it to the top the whole time asking for a price..

SCF Rewards
    Country

The entire buy/sell system on here is a joke

The whole <20 feedback you must send first. The BUYER should ALWAYS send first, considering they have protection. Why should a seller send a card to someone without getting paid first?

Is that the way the real world works. If I open a new store, can someone walk right in, take the product home, and then pay for it later, since Im a "new seller" in the area. On ebay, buyers always pay first.

The whole system is ridiculous, shady, and sets people up for scams.

Basically, a 21 feedback buyer can get his card sent to him from a 19 feedback buyer without having to pay first? Because the fact that they're over 20 feedback by one transaction must mean they are completely trustworthy.

And I agree about the price thing.

OP, go to blowout cards - way better for selling and trading.

However, this post will probably get deleted now because I mentioned another website, and Im most likely going to get another suspension for speaking my opinion.

based on your feedback, people like you are the reason the rules are in place. scf is a nice place, lots of complaining lately but you take the good with some slight imperfections. if you don't trust the other person and it's a high dollar trade, i believe the site offers a middle man service as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

I only use PayPal G&S and I do not ship internationally

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See paragon11's Items on eBay

So OP gets called out on his shenanigans and doesn't even address them directly?

A pot/kettle situation for sure.

Terry

SCF Rewards
    Country

This site has been great and the MSF rule is a key. I had no issue at all sending first on my first 20 deals, so I got paid a couple days later, who cares???

I find it very easy to sell on this site whether I list prices or not. Some people are impossible to deal with, just add them to the ignore list. There are a ton of high quality people on this board and its a pleasure to deal with them each and every time.
    Last edited by palmdesertcards; 03-14-2012 at 11:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See thespot19's Items on eBay

As usual, palm has a great point. As far as 'make an offer' I do that quite a bit, in fact just about all of my threads are make an offer. There seems to be a decent amount of name-calling when someone doesn't like a price, I have a price in mind as a lot of you know it's fair and almost always under ebay and depends on what I have into it. That being said, this certainly is the best trading site out there. Hands Down!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See islubi's Items on eBay

the op on my igmore list. negotiation gone bad.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast