Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

So your argument is he must be guilty because he's 17?

I've dealt with bigots like you my whole life. It's my experience that youth's are much MUCH more trustworthy than the people who say they can't be rational because they're young.
    What you're doing is called agism.

I never said he is guilty of anything. I just said that you can't assume he would have acted reasonably.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've dealt with bigots like you my whole life. It's my experience that youth's are much MUCH more trustworthy than the people who say they can't be rational because they're young.

Give me a break. You're attacking the guy because he said youth aren't as likely to make rational decisions. With age comes wisdom. Calling him a bigot is a bit harsh. Of course from your point of view I guess he is, from my point of view a lot of what you and veggie say comes off as plain paranoia and racism. To me when I read some of your threads, and the posting you guys come off just as racist as the people you're crying about.

Its not enough some 17 year old kid was shot and killed, you have to turn it into a hate crime. Way to add fuel to the fire. All the information can come out, witnesses could come out seeing Trayvon hit George from behind and repeatidly punch him in the face and slam his head on the ground, they could have close up shots of George's busted nose and head and you'd still blame the guy just because he made the mistake of keeping on eye on someone. And it appears the only reason some people give a darn is because the kid is black. If the kid was asian you wouldn't give two turds. Heck even if its black of on black crime you don't hear this type of outcry. Which to me says something.

I guess if in my general area if people's homes were repeatedly robbed once a month I'd be a little suspicious as well. And the whole hoodie thing is a joke. The police asked for a description, he gave it to them. If someone had to give a description of me and they asked if I was black, hispanic or white and they said a white guy, and then asked what I was wearing and they said a blue t-shirt and blue jeans on. Whats the big deal if that's what I look like?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I never said he is guilty of anything. I just said that you can't assume he would have acted reasonably.

Yet you can assume he wouldn't act rationally? Give me a break.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I never said he is guilty of anything. I just said that you can't assume he would have acted reasonably, especially because (a) he was a teenager, and (b) his twitter feed is full of posts that can be chalked up to (i) immorality, (ii) irrationality, or (iii) just being a typical teenager who doesn't think about the consequences of making idiotic posts on the internet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

He didn't say that youthful people can't act rationally or I didn't read it that way. He said that they typically aren't as rational as older people. It's a pretty widely known that people grow and learn as they age. That said, I doubt he believes that all youth never act rationally. In this case, if martin attacked zimmerman the way the current reports say then in my opinion he wasn't acting rationally.

BANNED

Country
    See gostevenjackson!'s Items on eBay

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I never said he is guilty of anything. I just said that you can't assume he would have acted reasonably, especially because (a) he was a teenager, and (b) his twitter feed is full of posts that can be chalked up to (i) immorality, (ii) irrationality, or (iii) just being a typical teenager who doesn't think about the consequences of making idiotic posts on the internet.

Stupid posts like sweeping comments about teenagers?

Face it, you're pulling out stuff that has nothing to do with anything and saying "He must have been in the wrong because he's a teenager". You're admittedly biased and prejudiced against youth. People like you are no different from racists and sexists.

I'm going to stop talking to you now. There's no reasoning with a bigot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yet you can assume he wouldn't act rationally? Give me a break.

outside of this case because we don't know what exactly happened... would you classify punching a guy in the face and then getting over him while he's on the ground and beating him while he yelled for help to be rational behavior?

in my opinion, if that's what happened, I would say that isn't rational behavior.

BANNED

Country
    See gostevenjackson!'s Items on eBay

outside of this case because we don't know what exactly happened... would you classify punching a guy in the face and then getting over him while he's on the ground and beating him while he yelled for help to be rational behavior?

in my opinion, if that's what happened, I would say that isn't rational behavior.

dude you don't even know what happened for sure

SCF Rewards
    Country

How do you know there wasn't an argument and the guy flashed his gun and that's when it happened

I don't. that's why if you read my post I've said "if the current reports are right"... we don't have many facts of this case and lots of people have their side of the case all set in stone. Anything I've ever posted about this case has been said with the disclaimer of "if this happened" because we simply don't know. It sad that so many people have their minds made up about this case without any real knowledge of what happened.

If it comes out that zimmerman physically confronted martin and then martin defensed himself by punching zimmerman or zimmerman just chased him down and shot him, then my feelings on the case will change.

It's pretty certain from what I have heard that zimmerman did not just chase him down and shoot him. Although first reports kind of gave you the impression that is what happened.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast