Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's a recent return from former Mets second baseman, Jose Valentin. When I saw on the Trade Manager that he was signing TTM in his first season as a minor league manager, I knew I had to get this card signed. It's a little smeared despite me prepping it (an unfortunate trend which will continue in the next few posts). But it still looks great to me, and I love how he signed it right over Albert Pujols.

Jose Valentin
    c/o Fort Wayne TinCaps
    Sent: 8/14/12
    Received: 8/23/12

BANNED

Country

That card looks nice

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, definitely one of my favorite returns!

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is another recent return, this time from Armando Galarraga. I sent it to the Houston Astros Triple-A affiliate where he had been pitching at the time. The Astros called him up just 4 days after I mailed it out, so I thought it may get lost in the shuffle. I was happy to get it back, but the auto isn't that great - it's a mix of a dying marker and bleeding of some of the ink that was there. Still, I like the throwback uniform on the card.

Armando Galarraga
    c/o Oklahoma City RedHawks
    Sent: 7/24/12
    Received: 8/27/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've almost completely caught up on my returns, but I'm going to go slightly out of order and post today's return because I was pretty excited by it. It's from Regis Philbin, TV personality and big sports fan. I have fond memories watching him on TV when I was younger, particularly when he hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? I saw in the TTM database that he was a consistent and quick returner, so I grabbed this card on Sportlots and sent it out. It looks like his marker was dying as you can see that he tried to retrace the R in his name.

Regis Philbin
    Address: See TTM Database
    Sent: 8/28/12
    Received: 9/6/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

The next returns arrived on the same day and are from a couple of 1st year Met coaches. The first is from Tim Teufel, 3rd Base Coach. I sent a request to him because I already have a few autographs from other members of the '86 Mets Championship team and decided to add him to the list. This one smudged pretty heavily despite prepping. Ink was all over the inside of the envelope. I'll probably end up resending some time next year.

Tim Teufel
    c/o New York Mets
    Sent: 8/14/12
    Received: 8/28/12

The second return is from Tom Goodwin, 1st Base Coach. This was my fastest TTM return - only 5 days. Thankfully, my prepping worked and the ink stuck on this one, unlike some of my recent returns. Never had a problem with smudging until recently.

Tom Goodwin
    c/o New York Mets
    Sent: 8/23/12
    Received: 8/28/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

This return is from former Mets utility man, Chris Woodward. The 2006 Mets, whom he played for, were one of my favorite teams, and so I sent requests to some of their players whose cards were taking up space in my doubles box.

Chris Woodward
    c/o Las Vegas 51s
    Sent: 8/13/12
    Received: 9/4/12

BANNED

Country

likin all the mets returns.

SCF Rewards
    Country

likin all the mets returns.

Thanks, dude! More to come, and more to send out!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Monday's mail brought Davey Johnson, manager of the 1986 World Series Champion Mets and current manager of the Washington Nationals.

Davey Johnson
    c/o Washington Nationals
    Sent: 8/13/12
    Received: 9/10/12

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast