Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Keeping with the Mets manager theme, Terry Collins arrived the day after Davey Johnson.

Terry Collins
    c/o New York Mets
    Sent: 8/23/12
    Received: 9/11/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Next up is my Buck Showalter, my 3rd straight manager return. It was out on Monday, back by Saturday, which was awesome. It's slightly smudged, which is my fault because I didn't prep it thinking 1992 O-Pee-Chee wasn't glossy enough to smear.

Buck Showalter
    c/o Baltimore Orioles
    Sent: 9/10/12
    Received: 9/15/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is one of my favorite TTM returns, and actually one of the first ones that I sent out. It's from John Olerud, 1st baseman for the Mets from 1997-1999. He was one of my favorite players growing up, and the Mets became competitive almost immediately after he joined the team. When I saw that he was a consistent signer, I knew that I had to send to him. It took a little longer than I expected, but the cards came out beautifully. I included the Stadium Club card as a throw in and offered it to him to keep, but he signed it anyway. His signature really pops off the green turf background and I think it came out better than the Fleer one. I sent it to a Washington address, but it was postmarked from Arizona.

John Olerud
    Address: See TTM Database
    Sent: 3/9/12
    Received: 9/17/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

This return came on the same day as the Olerud. It's from Scott Brosius, former A's and Yankees third baseman, and MVP of the 1998 World Series. I remember playing in Little League in the late 90's and everyone wanted to be like him at 3rd base. He was one of the most clutch players of those Yankees dynasty teams and someone I enjoyed watching, even as a Mets fan. It took some time to get these cards back (I offered him to keep one), one came back smudged, but I was really happy with the way the Skybox card turned out.

Scott Brosius
    Sent: 5/9/12
    Received: 9/17/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's a September return from Joe Nathan that I didn't get a chance to post. Being from New York, I think it's a cool story that he made it to the big leagues and became a 5 time All-Star after playing at Stony Brook, which at the time was a Division II school. He hasn't forgotten his roots, which showed when he made a large donation to help pay for a new field at Stony Brook. I think his autograph came out beautifully on this card.

Joe Nathan
    c/o Texas Rangers
    Sent: 8/23/12
    Received: 9/29/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is a return from Hall of Fame third baseman, Wade Boggs. When I saw that he was signing consistently, I knew that I had to send to him. He signed for free, but didn't include the HOF inscription that I requested. I can't complain though as this looks great and only cost two stamps.

Wade Boggs
    Sent: 9/24/12
    Received: 11/8/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

This next return is from Roger McDowell, pitching coach of the Atlanta Braves and co-closer of the 1986 Mets World Championship team. I sent it out last August, so it appears that Roger is catching up on fan mail.

Roger McDowell
    c/o Atlanta Braves
    Sent: 8/14/12
    Received: 11/10/12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's another return for my Brooklyn Cyclones project, my 1st Cyclones return since July. It's from Matt Lindstrom, who pitched in 14 games for the Cyclones in 2003. He never pitched for the Mets, but made his MLB debut for the Marlins in 2007 after the Mets traded him there the previous offseason for pitcher Jason Vargas. He's also pitched for the Astros, Rockies, Orioles, and Diamondbacks. I sent this card him in May when he was still with the Orioles, so he must have taken it with him after he was traded to Arizona in August. This is the first TTM return that I had no clue who it was from until I opened it. Not only was it a months old request, but there were no returns from him recorded in the database and it was also postmarked from Utah.

Matt Lindstrom
    c/o Baltimore Orioles
    Sent: 5/7/12
    Received: 11/27/12

Cyclones Career
    Year: 2003
    Games: 14
    Pitching Line (W-L, ERA): 7-3, 3.44

This was the final Cyclones return that I received in 2012. I was 6 for 18 (33%) in my Cyclones TTMs in 2012. Not a bad start to the project, but I still have to find a bunch of addresses for the older players as well as make first attempts on the guys who debuted last season. Overall, I have autographs of 6 of the 36 Brooklyn Cyclones players (16.6%) to have reached the major leagues.
    Last edited by SDre31; 02-03-2014 at 10:21 PM.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Nice Boggs!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! Definitely happy with the way it turned out!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast