Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

A free Captain C break for the SCF Community

[UPDATE: This break is now complete, please see post 84 for the results]

Howdy folks,

I've been an avid Sedin collector for nearly a decade and a half now, it used to be a rather solitary hobby picking up everything from the 'bay, but the hobby has become much more enjoyable for me ever since I found SCF. I've received a lot of assistance from the great members here tracking down cards I never would have found otherwise, getting help from US members on auctions that won't ship to Canada, and have enjoyed some of the amazing Show n Tell posts from the dedicated collectors.

Being a purely player collector, I've only picked up singles, and haven't broken a box since way back, believe it was 92-93 UD... I've been feeling the desire to do a break for a while, and would also love to give something back to the community here, so I picked up a box of Captain C at the Vancouver show this morning to have some fun - I'm only interested in any Sedins I pull, and want the rest of the cards to go to good homes.

So, for all the dedicated player / team collectors out there, please let me know what you're looking for, and I'll be happy to send out all the goods to deserving collectors. (I hope this doesn't break any SCF rules, if so, mods please let me know).

I'm planning to do the break Tuesday evening, so please let me know before then if there's a specific card / player / team you're dying to get your hands on from Captain C. I'd like the cards to go to a true collector, rather than just becoming someone's trade bait, so let me know what makes you a true fan of the player or team you're looking for.

I anticipate there might be a healthy amount of interest in any free giveaways, I hope this goes smoothly with no hurt feelings. I'll do my best to choose a deserving recipient for each card I pull - and I plan to give away everything no matter how big the hit (except for Sedins of course). Please, no PM's regarding this thread, I'd like all interested folks to reply only in this thread. I hope this won't just be a one-time thing, I'd like to bust some wax every now and then, so if this goes well and you don't get anything this time, there's always next time.

My only request for the community, I'd be greatful if anyone taking part in this thread could have a look at my wantlist https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1519623 which I always keep up to date. If anyone has information regarding any of the Sedin cards I'm looking for, it would be most helpful.

Cheers,
    sedinfan
    Last edited by sedinfan; 04-04-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Adding note that the break is complete

SCF Rewards
    Country

well i have nice sedins, let me know what you pull

SCF Rewards
    Country

let me know what you pull, I'm starting to get into NHL, mainly Bruins and Capitals. GOOD LUCK :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My favorite player Wendel Clark , they don't make players like this anymore :

watch the video enough said

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm a huge fan of Joe Sakic and Rick Nash. It was really sad seeing Joe Sakic retire. The Colorado Avalanche are not the same without him. I don't have many Sakic cards but I keep most of the ones I get. He's my favourite player in the NHL by far. I never got to see him play in his younger years. By the time I started watching hockey, Joe Sakic was in his late 30s. Rick Nash, one of the most talented players in the NHL imo is also one of my favourite players. I love watching him during the Olympics on Team Canada. I don't watch many Columbus games since I'm a Leafs Fan but, I do follow Rick Nash. It would have been really sad to see him leave Columbus if he was traded during the Trade Deadline.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i would like a shot at the flyers thanks and lmk

SCF Rewards
    Country

Any Red Wings (Especially Lidstrom or Yzerman) they are a class team for the ages. A dynasty if you would put it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Sedin Fan,

First of all. I want to say what your doing is very very nice and generous, and I and many others on here thank you for doing something kind like this.

I collect Maurice Richard, and all Tampa Bay Lightning cards.

Thanks again!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dsslbrooks's Items on eBay

Gordie Howe !!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Very nice story and generosity. I am a leafs fan with my main focus being on kessel and lupul but I'd be interested in leafs that pop out for sure. Such a well made product with great designs.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast