Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the hate?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I think everyone has a different take on MVP and I respect that but I feel as if your opinion is in the majority.... By a large amount. There is a reason why experts choose MVP and not fans...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (80)
    Country
    See Kutzora8's Items on eBay

Lets put it this way.. Last week Magic Johnson.. MAGIC JOHNSON people, said "Lebron James is the best defender in NBA history."

Thats all you need to know. THE BEST DEFENDER IN NBA HISTORY.

Add on top of that 8 board and a top 5 scoring mentality and you will see why he is hated. Because he is that damn good. People want to nit pick everything when you are that good.

The Decision and other "pompous" things are what people will point to as to why they hate him. Jordan was the biggest a-hole in the world. On and off the court. People loved him for it. Lebron is an unintentional ™™™™™™ at times but all he wants is love from people and thats why people hate him.

To the guy who said Durant is a better team player... lol@u
    Lebron is often critized for being too much of a team player. Passing too much or whatever. This is just another example of why its impossible for him to win. Shoot and you arent a team player. Pass and you lack the ability to do things on your own.

TO the guy who said Wade is better then Lebron.. an even bigger LOL
    Wade will willing admit he is on the downslope of his career. Injuries and age are catching up to him. He is no where close to Lebrons talent nor his actual basketball ability on the court.

To answer the question simply.. Haters gonna hate and thats all there is to it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I meant minority and not majority ....

SCF Rewards
    Country

MVP isn't about having the best season, that's the problem and that's the issue I have with the voters in every sport. It's about the player who is most valuable to his team. LeBron isn't most valuable to his team, it's Chris Paul.

Surely the most valuable member of any team is Dwight Howard. As much as I don't like him (even as a Magic fan) he has the ability to make us go from a contender to a potential lottery team.

I don't personally think there is a lot of hate for LeBron. No more than normal for a player of his caliber. I was at the Nets - Miami game last week while on holiday and he was equally booed and cheered even though he was playing away from home. There were even MVP chants.

Love him or hate him, dude was interesting to watch.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (80)
    Country

Surely the most valuable member of any team is Dwight Howard. As much as I don't like him (even as a Magic fan) he has the ability to make us go from a contender to a potential lottery team.

I don't personally think there is a lot of hate for LeBron. No more than normal for a player of his caliber. I was at the Nets - Miami game last week while on holiday and he was equally booed and cheered even though he was playing away from home. There were even MVP chants.

Love him or hate him, dude was interesting to watch.

Howard or even Love... Dont know where those teams would be without those players. Obviously we can see how bad the Magic are without Howard.

SCF Rewards
    Country

At least Love has/kinda had Rubio. Dude is a future All Star.

The Magic have? As much as I have love for Redick he isn't an All Star. Sure Nelson and Turkolgu were one time All Stars a few years back but Howard doesn't have the supporting cast that all other MVP candidates have.

LeBron - Wade and Bosh
    Wade - LeBron and Bosh
    Durant - Westbrook and Harden (dude was snubbed this year)
    Parker - Manu and Duncan
    Kobe - Bynum and Gasol
    Chris Paul - admittedly only has Griffin and needs stronger MVP love IMO.

If you take LeBron, Durant, Wade, Parker and maybe Kobe off their teams they would still make the playoffs. Take Paul or Howard off and you're focusing more on the Draft than the Finals

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (80)
    Country

To be fair.. I think if you took any of Kobe, Bynum or Gasol off the Lakers you would be looking at the draft as well. That team does not impress me much at all.. but your point is very well taken.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See show15's Items on eBay

First, playoff runs are irrelevant when you don't win a championship, and second, MVPs are a popularity contest, that generally never goes to the player who is actually most valuable to his team. It goes to the best player on a top seeded playoff team.

Why should I have to explain my opinion though? Why can't you explain why LeBron is a better Basketball player?

My most simple reason: LeBron is afraid of being the best, don't believe me? Go back and watch the finals from last year.

You don't have to explain anything. If you just want to throw a statement or opinion out there with no supporting arguments, that's fine. Kind of strange logic though.

Lebron is superior because he leads Durant in every single statistical category except scoring. And he is a MUCH better defender. He's faster, stronger, and bigger than durant. Has a better post game, even though he doesn't utilize it near enough. Can play every single position on the floor and defend all positions.

And leading your team to 2 NBA finals is pretty impressive, Durant has done that exactly 0 times. So he had a bad finals, doesn't mean he will have another bad finals. If he does, then I will admit that I am mistaken.

And do you really think Lebron James is the most popular guy in the league? Did you watch the last year and a half of basketball lol?

Didn't mean to offend or anything, I was just looking for a discussion haha.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

You don't have to explain anything. If you just want to throw a statement or opinion out there with no supporting arguments, that's fine. Kind of strange logic though.

Lebron is superior because he leads Durant in every single statistical category except scoring. And he is a MUCH better defender. He's faster, stronger, and bigger than durant. Has a better post game, even though he doesn't utilize it near enough. Can play every single position on the floor and defend all positions.

And leading your team to 2 NBA finals is pretty impressive, Durant has done that exactly 0 times. So he had a bad finals, doesn't mean he will have another bad finals. If he does, then I will admit that I am mistaken.

And do you really think Lebron James is the most popular guy in the league? Did you watch the last year and a half of basketball lol?

Didn't mean to offend or anything, I was just looking for a discussion haha.

Again, talent doesn't equal being the best.

You're gonna hold Durant not taking his team to the finals yet against him? LeBron came into the league in 03/04, Durant was 07/08. Come on now. Besides, LeBron plays with a clutch player in Wade, and then Bosh. He didn't "lead" his team to a finals last year.

I never said LeBron was popular to fans, I'm talking about the media, as they vote for who wins the MVP.

LeBron quit on his team in the playoffs before he left Cleveland, he NEVER shows up when it matters. I'm glad people finally see it though, because I had been saying it for well over 5 years.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See holyporcupine's Items on eBay

what I don't get is how everyone is saying the heat are the best team. the bulls are the top seed in the east without having last years MVP for half the season as well as many other key players injured for a bit of it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast