Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

2012 Topps U.S. Olympic Team

2012 Topps U.S. Olympic Team

Per Box Items:
    24 packs per box
    8 cards per pack
    1 autograph per box
    1 relic per box
    1 Commemorative relic per box

Topps sell sheet

The standard sized cards feature an 'art-style' portrait of the named athlete. The pictures vary form posed to candid to actions shots. The border-less cards have a white graphic with the athlete's name, sport and the US Olympic logo along the bottom. The background is American flag themed. The cards backs list brief biographical information and moderate career and training highlights. A red, white and blue theme frames the white text box.

What I pulled:
    185 cards
    100/100 base set cards = a complete base set!
    25 base set duplicates
    24 Bronze Medal parallels (one per pack)
    12 Silver Medal parallels
    8 Gold Medal Parallels
    12 other inserts
    2 autographs
    1 relic
    1 Commemorative relic

Base card front and back:

The inserts: (not all scanned)

The Hits:
    Rau'Shee Warren autograph
    Brenda Villa Silver Medal autograph #/30
    Garmelita Jeter relic
    Matt Emmons Commemorative USOC Pin

Topps 2012 U.S. Olympic Team is just about as a perfect set as I have reviewed of late. Pulling a complete set form a single box is a rarity in today's market. The parallels are natural and very fitting for the set. The extra auto parallel was a nice bonus. The pin card is very thick and heavy. This makes it easy to identify for pack searchers. The autos are sticker autos but fit the cards nicely. On a personal I am just not a fan of art style cards, but Topps 2012 U.S. Olympic Team is still an awesome set!

The Bottom Line:
    I give Topps 2012 U.S. Olympic Team a STRONG BUY rating. A complete set, beating the stated odd on hits, natural parallels to chase and sharing in American pride? Winning!

The Final Score:
    Final Ratings (Out of 5):
    Base set collect-ability: 5/5
    Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
    Prospector Hunter:NA
    Overall Design: 5/5
    Fun: 5/5
    Value: 5/5
    Re-buy: 4/5
    Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 33/35 (94% = A)

Topps sent me this box to review for Full Spectrum Baseball. As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Country
    See Frizzzlecake's Items on eBay

Kayla Harrison Judo
    Jordan Burroughs wrestling
    Terrence Jennings Taekwondo

Did you have any inserts or base parallels of these people?

I agree with you score it's a really fun break, some cards made me just laugh because of the facial or angle of the camera.