Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

i would get 10's when possible.. like if you can get a good buy but a 9 is still good... plus you have to remember there can be a great card with a minor blemish get a low grade.. but it would still be a quality card

SCF Rewards
    Country

why not collect ungraded cards? to be honest I think that graded is going to continue to fade...think 3 years ago...PSA10 was huge, now...good, not anything out of this world. great example...Kobe Bryant Chrome RC. Ungraded ones sell higher 80% of the time because they are now harder to find and people don't want graded cards if they aren't 10's. Just personal preference...I just think it's pointless...if you can't tell another trader what condition your item is in then you are in the wrong hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by asujbl
    why not collect ungraded cards? to be honest I think that graded is going to continue to fade...think 3 years ago...PSA10 was huge, now...good, not anything out of this world. great example...Kobe Bryant Chrome RC. Ungraded ones sell higher 80% of the time because they are now harder to find and people don't want graded cards if they aren't 10's. Just personal preference...I just think it's pointless...if you can't tell another trader what condition your item is in then you are in the wrong hobby.

i disagree... i do agree its a fad but there is really no better way to preserve cards while displaying them than grading.. i do not like graded cards but when it is encased there is no chance of damaging it and better from a investment viewpoint

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think i would like to collect graded cards. just for the fact that most the cards Ill be buying will be over the internet and u cant really tell what your getting from those crappy scanned pics...

i just wonder if in 20 years from now a psa 9 vs psa 10 will make a HUGE differnce or not...

SCF Rewards
    Country

To the guy who said BGS sell for more than PSA - That is totally wrong. BGS outsells PSA by far. BGS is the most strict grader in the hobby, followed by SGC, GAI, and then PSA.

For grading I would use BGS on ANYTHING post-1980. For 1948-1980 I would use PSA for the sole reason that most cards from this era that are graded are already PSA simply because PSA was doing it before other companies. Collectors of these sets like to stick to what they have... most prefer to have them in the same holders. This and the fact that the marginally easier grading of PSA is more acceptable on post-war cards. SGC & PSA are both widely used graders of pre-1948 cards.

As for what to collect, for investment of course higher grade will always command more money. For newer cards, anything not a mid-high end RC from the post-1980 sets is probably not worth the money it costs to grade.

As for BCCG... a total joke. Look up BCCG graded cards.... I would venture a guess that there are 25 BCCG graded '10' cards to every non-10.

SCF Rewards
    Country

iv made my decision.... im just going to get all psa 10 cards when available, for real old rookies like WPayton, unitas, etc ill just get 8-9s or whatever I can get...

thanks guys for all the help!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It really depends. If you are collecting soley for an investment than yes, a PSA 10 will increase in value drammatcily more than a PSA 9. But if you are collecting for nice looking higher grade cards a PSA 9 is an awesome looking card. Here's the deal, when I send in a bunch of nice condition cards to PSA they all look like 10s to me, usually %50 of them come back 9s because of extremaly small centering flaws and such. So yea, a PSA 9 is a NICE card.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123