Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

This thread is definitely going to be mandatory viewing for me prior to sending out my requests for Spring Training!! Don't have time to make some more money for stamps and cards for a lot of the players you've got but I'm sending out 1 more batch tomorrow before the end of the minor league season! where did the season go!? great successes!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

I know it went by waaaay to fast- I normally send 10-12 requests per week but am bumping it up a couple this past week and this week. Thanks for the compliments as I love getting creative on where to send such as the Cape League. I also am looking into top prospects who are playing in the fall instructional leagues this year :) that may take some research but its something I am anticipating. Brian

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is an in-person autograph experience from...

NEW HAMPSHIRE FISHER CATS vs ALTOONA CURVE (August 19th, 2012)

I live in the New Hampshire area about 30 minutes from the Fisher Cats and watch a half dozen or so games per year. I do not normally graph at games judiciously rather I target 2 or 3 players I need. Today was different however as the Fisher Cats have a lot of intriguing young prospects and the Altoona Curve (Pirates affiliate) had a handful of top prospects as well. I got there over an hour early for Carlton Fisk Bobble Head night and immediately went to graph the Curve while my wife (yes, my wife) graphed the Fisher Cats I needed. This was her first time and this is how it went...

Gerrit Cole- Cole was one of the first ones out there to warm up and we were all excited when he walked back to the dugout. He strolled right past everyone without even acknowledging that we existed and we were politely asking for autographs. I spoke to a veteran grapher whom I like to speak with when I go about autographing and he said Cole signs one per and personalizes it anytime he signs. I do not have a problem with personalizations at all but not a huge fan of them on IP successes for some reason. Cole was NOT a good signer.

Andrew (Drew) Maggi- A phenomenal guy as I spoke to him about USA baseball before he signed and mentioned I was a huge fan. He was interested in the story I told him of the USA National team playing in NH ten years ago and I saw them. The team featured the likes of Swisher and Rickie Weeks. I even pronounced his last name wrong and he very politely corrected me. He is not an intriguing talent but I am really pulling for him. I was the only one who had stuff of him and he signed it all for me :)

Victor Black- Another very nice guy who signed everything for everyone... one of the first guys out there.

Oscar Tejada- He had a huge fan base here being located in Red Sox Nation as he was a former Sox Prospect. Another great guy who signed as many as he had time for and he laughed at my Minor League Pic of him.

Jameson Taillon- A true class act! He is one of baseball's best prospects and still mingles and signs anything for graphers. As he came over, so did the crowd. There was four of us there that quickly turned to 20. He was very polite and was just called up to AA Altoona a few days ago so I was extremely lucky and very happy. He signed both my photos and everything else that was handed to him.

Jarek Cunningham- Signed two of my 2011 Bowman Chrome first years- I gave one to my father in law as he likes this stuff and I am not a big fan of fascimile sigs with regular sigs but they would do- still very happy

Altoona Curve were the best signing team I have seen come visit the Fisher Cats this year :) Thanks Guys

******Now my wife was graphing the home team and Brandon Morrow was pitching in his last rehab assignment. I gave her my cards, photos (labeled them all), and numbers of the guys that I wanted. She said Morrow totally ignored everyone probably similar to what Cole did on the Curve. She did manage to get Koby Clemens on a 2006 Tristar but I did a poor job prepping it and it smudged... was very happy though when she got these for me...

Jake Marisnick- I am working on the 2012 Bowman Prospect set and she nailed these for me :)

My last success was after the game...

Marcus Stroman- During the last inning I went over to the Fisher Cats bullpen to see this years first round pick Marcus Stroman. As soon as the game ended he took off to congratulate his team so I waited for about five minutes and see him running back. I yelled "Mr Stroman" and he was in a huge rush but said hed sign quickly and ran off through the back gate and into the night... I was extremely lucky to get these... and very happy I waited- I have two darker photos I am going to bring next year and have him sign with a silver pen hopefully.

All in all, a phenomenal day at the park!!!
    Last edited by ILLRIMESAYA; 08-19-2012 at 09:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My 6th straight mailday with a success, after a full week without one! Now you can say my mailbox is on fire as I got four good ones today...

Noah Perio- 2/2 (c/o Jupiter Hammerheads) received 8/20/12
    -He signed both my 2012 Bowman Prospects, not bad of success for the Marlins top middle infield prospect

Matt Davidson- 3/3 (c/o Mobile Baybears) received 8/20/12
    -The power hitting top prospect signed two 4x6s and my 2012 Pro Debut :)

Nestor Molina- 2/2 (c/o Birmingham Barons) received 8/20/12
    -A great power pitching prospect that was recently traded to the White Sox for Sergio Santos

Tony Cingrani- 3/3 (c/o Pensacola Blue Wahoos) received 8/20/12
    -Probably my best success of the day- Cingrani is quickly rising up prospect lists due to a phenomenal year- an amazing success

BANNED

Country

that perio bowman is cool looking

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    BO(28)
    Country

Great stuff and I'm glad you've got a streak going!! We have very similar interests in TTM- for all 4 of your success today I have either gotten successes from them too (Molina, Cingrani, and Perio) or sent to them (Davidson, same day as you). Keep up the great TTMs!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

You have a couple of Prospects I am getting ready to send to... guess I'd better hurry...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the kind words guys as it is great motivation to keep going :) yeah, Noah- sending to Minor Leaguers is the best! Loving it

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome returns lately! I really like Perio's auto!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks- yesterday broke the consecutive success streak at 6 days :( have tons out of minor leaguers currently though

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast