Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsdad IP thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on all your recent successes...you guys are really raking it in! This is one of my favorite threads to read, so keep up the good work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on all your recent successes...you guys are really raking it in! This is one of my favorite threads to read, so keep up the good work.

Thanks, this means alot to us

SCF Rewards
    Country

Marlins at Braves
    Game Two of Four
    July 31, 2012
    Pregame outside of Stadium
    Got there a little later today as getting there yesterday around noon was about an hour too early. We missed a person or two but:
    Scott Cousins 1/1- For someone else. Got him already yesterday
    Slim pickings otherwise, Ozzie did not sign today, once the team bus arrived and no one signed Sam moved over to the Braves side:
    Jonny Vinters 1/1- '12 Topps
    Don Sutton ROMLB SS HOF Inscription. Hadnt gotten one in a while
    David Ross promised he would sign inside and he did but we were No where near him
    On the way back in to the game Edward Mujica, who signed yesterday, was leaving and we heard he was traded to the Cardinals. He seemed teary eyed.
    Inside Batting Practice Marlins Side
    Nathan Eovaldi 1/1- Team Ball
    Mike Dunn 1/1, 1/1- Team Ball and '10 Topps Rookie Card
    Brett Hayes 1/1- Team Ball
    Carlos Lee 2/2- '08 Topps, '10 Upper deck
    Emilio Bonafacio 2/3- '10, '11 Topps
    Justin Ruggiano- 1/1-Team Ball
    Austin Kearns- 1/3 -09 Topps he seems to be a tough one
    Gary Thurman- 1/1 for a friend
    And finally...Jose Reyes 1/1 ROMLB SS. This was the biggie. I was supposed to get a card signed but he skipped me. It's cool.
    We got him and hae two games left. Now to crack the nut that is Josh Johnson. He doesn't even acknowledge kids. Crazy
    Also a team official swapped out an old Marlins hat for a new logo hat for Sam. Too cool.
    Actually ran into a friend from Chattanooga so we stayed for a few innings but then the rains came!!!! Got home in time so that nothing got wet. Phew!
    Last edited by samsdad; 07-31-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See phinsphan77's Items on eBay

If any Marlins stuff is FT, please lmk!
    Hidden Content
    Bucket fully updated. Looking for any Miami Dolphins.
    #FinsUp
    ANY Dolphin GU/Auto can find a home with me!

SCF Rewards
    Country

reyes is pretty high on my want list- well done.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Marlins at Braves
    Game three of Four
    Wed. Aug 1

Outside Before BP
    Marlins side
    As we expected the crowd of graphers has decreased as the week goes on. Unfortunately as the team has lost two in a row, there signing decreases as well
    Sam gave up when he saw Josh Johnson on the bus, he is only looking for him, Buerhle, and Reyes at this point, with a few cards to fill in here and there.
    His team ball only as the sweet spot left and he is leaving it for Ozzie.
    He went over othe Braves side
    Paul Janish 1/1- '11 Topps. Nice guy

Venters signed too, but we had nothing for him.

Inside BP Marlins side
    Nathan Eovaldi-1/1 '12 Chattanooga Lookouts card. He looked at it in both sides, he clearly had never seen it. We got it yesterday from a friend from Chattanooga.

Seen signing but we missed them or we had nothing for them:
    Donovan Solano
    Carlos Lee
    Jose Reyes-VIP only.

With the Marlin's winning tonight Hopefully we can get the few we need tomorrow.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Marlins at Braves
    Game Four of Four
    Thursday Aug 2, 2012
    Outside the stadium pregame Marlins Side:
    Ozzie Guillen 1/1- ROMLB Team Ball, had the sweet spot left on a team ball and wanted to have the MGR sign it. Mission accomplished.
    We finally got our Jose Reyes Batting glove in the mail that we got via a trade ( it was supposed to be here for Monday's game) and Reyes PROMISED to sign inside. We plan on holding him to it.
    Inside VIP Batting Experience-
    With needing Reyes to sign our batting glove and hearing how well the Braves have been at signing we forked over $55 to do it. Sam was going solo, but someone gave me a pass to go with him. SWEET!
    They walk you down and the Braves are not even hitting yet. Just stretching and joking around. Very few fans were there on the VIP side as the Marlins do not draw, chance of rain makes the VIP a big risk and a Thursday game is lighter than the weekends, obviously.
    Lets get the biggie out of the way:
    Chipper Jones 1/1, 1/1- I got him on a ball Sweet spot. he didnt really put number 10 in his J just a dash. He is signing alot now, almost every day from what we here either at BP or on the way out. I cannot say if it is because he is retiring or if it is because they are playing well. probably a bit of both. He did say to a fan that asked for a couple of autographs, " I goota get to as many as I can" as if he understands his situation a little differently than before.
    Sam had him sign a '12 Topps Heritage Card that has Dan Uggla on it too called the "Pride of the NL". He also got:
    Dan Uggla 1/1- '12 Topps heritage Pride of teh NL card with Chipper. So that card will be his forever. Looks nice in Black Sharpie.
    Heritage Collectors: Do not bother to ask, this one is not for trade.
    Fredi Gonzalez-1/1,2/2 Team Ball we ave been doing he took the sweet spot. That's cool, just a few spots left on it for hat we hope is a playoff team's ball.
    Sam got his 09 Topps and '12 Heritage signed
    Tyler Pasternicky- 1/1,1/1- '12 Topps, Team ball
    Paul Janish-1/1 Team Ball
    Christian Martinez-1/1 Team Ball
    David Ross 1/1, 1/2- Team Ball and 09 Topps, ran out of time to sign the other card, oh well
    Kris Medlen 2/2- '09 IL Prospect card, '11 Topps
    Marlins came out and Sam moved over and camped out over on thier side
    Reyes promised to come over after getting warm.
    Austin Kearns- 1/1, 1/1 '09 Topps, '10 Topps
    Carlos Lee- 2/2- We now have 5 cards signed and I do not remember wich we got yesterday.
    And finally Jose Reyes. Saw the Black Nike glove Sam had and said "WOW,, this old where did you get it?" we told him it was from the Mets and he said' Yeah, Nike its old" and then signed it. He signed a '10 Topps card too. Really friendly and signed for a few more people. The rains came soon after. No players signed pregame on the dugout side. We never would have gotten Reyes if we did not do the batting experince this time. While expensive, it was worth it for Sam who is starting back at school today. Nice send off to a great run at the ball park this summer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow...great stuff!! Would love to see a scan of the Heritage Jones/Uggla duo. Congrats on a great summer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow...great stuff!! Would love to see a scan of the Heritage Jones/Uggla duo. Congrats on a great summer.

I will try to scan it and figure out how to upload it

SCF Rewards
    Country

PM Sent

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast