Thread: Selling Cards on ebay

Selling Cards on ebay

Hello I am thinking about starting to sell cards on ebay.I have sold stuff on ebay before but I am going to try to make it a second income.I have already got set up with paypal so I can take paypal.I was just hoping some of you could give me a few pointers to make this happen.Thank you and any help would be appreciated.

2. Kronozio
    do not!
    rip people off on shipping
    sell fake 1/1s
    claim that "this pack is garunteed to have a gu"
    sell "hotpak" secrets

be carefull of ur feedback
    describe items well
    use clear scans

ill edit when i come up with more

1. Avoid keyword spamming. ie PSA, BGS in the title when the card isn't graded.
    2. Avoid overgrading your cards if they are raw. If it has scratches, dents or dings it is not "Mint" or "Gem Mint?" or "PSA 10 BGS 9.5"
    3. Make sure your paypal stuff is set up.
    4. You may want to consider your feedback in correlation to your final sales prices.
    5. Set BIN's close to what other items of the same are selling for.
    6. Invoice buyers immediately after auction
    7. Offer multiple shipping discounts
    8. Do not overcharge for shipping
    9. Ship in a bubble mailer at the very least ( is a great place to buy them cheaply.
    10. Leave feedback after a buyer has paid. Do not hold feedback hostage.
    11. I rarely see a benefit from using bold, highlight or many of the other additions that cost extra money. Gallery is handy in many cases and may get you more hits.
    12. To save yourself money, rather than put a reserve on a card, just start the bidding higher. It will save you a LOT of money. ie. a card listed for .99 but a reserve of $100 is going to cost you almost $5 to list. However, if you have the opening bid at $79 with no reserve, your insertion fee is less than half that.
    13. Have scans cropped properly so people can actually see the card edges and have your scans 400x400 unless you plan on paying for the picture pack and using the SuperSize feature.
    14. Try to list on 10cent listing day.

By the way, today happens to be a 10 cent listing day.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck.

WOW thanks
    I always put NM/Mint with a big pic so they can see it for themselfs
    I can get bubble mailers for .18 cents at my wifes work so I am set there
    My feedback is 100%
    Thanks for the advice on the reserve I did not know that
    and I listed some stuff last night and about 10 min later I got the email for the 10 cents listing,so I go screwed on that oh well there will be other days.Thanks for all the help.Tazfan