Thread: local card shops

local card shops

my local card shop is crap. barely have anything and way over priced. i live in indianapolis and its the only one around i know of. so i was wondering if all are this bad nowadays with there being ebay and such. lets here about some others.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Oh Man I must be blessed then, I live in Minnesota. Aside from the local Ma and Pa shop, we have a chain of shops called Shinders. Very sweet like 13 locations, loaded with stuff at very good prices. They also have magazines memorabilia, the magic cards etc... But the big catch that Im gettin at here, is this thing they all have called the 'Drop Zone' cards in that case will be marked down $5 every week/monday untill sold. This makes for some really sweet deals, nothin like buyin some no name $80 card for $5-10... Keep in touch, Later

At least you have a real cardshop. My local cardshop happens to be Target. LOL.

yea in jackson,ms there,s only 1 shop left so i,m in the same boat as dark shadow target and walmart are my local shops at least walmart has hobby boxes every once in awhile,take care spuds

Chances are the reason your local shop is "crap" is because they are having a tough time moving the sportscards. As more and more collectors turn their backs on the local store to buy from ebay, D&A's, etc., it becomes more and more difficult to find people to sell them to.

Imagine the bliss of getting a few boxes of a new sportscard product in. You paid $53 a box to stock it. Then a few of your customers come in and tell ya that they can get it for $55 on the 'net. It's a truly phenomenal feeling let me tell you.

Of course these are the same folks that you traded with over the years, a lot of times when ya really didn't need their cards all that much. It is understandable though. We're coming up on the year 2006, and it seems hobby shops are needed less and less every day/week/year.

my area is beyond crap...i live in toronto and the only shop i know of is untouchables...only one in the phone book that has a working phone number......they do carry everything and they make ALOT of money...ppl are always buying...but the sportscards are very expenisve.....they charge $30 a pack of 05 legendary cuts, 3 for $27 of sweet spot classics