Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 72 of 461 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582122172 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't believe that even though I'm sure some people do. There are some people who are better served without guns but it is unfair to make everyone suffer because of the actions of a few. That's just like outlawing alcohol because a few people can't control their liquor.

But honestly, if blacks had guns there would be no slavery? You of all people should realize how stupid that is. If they had guns, they still wouldn't have had the tactical experience and would have lost bad anyway, though maybe taken one or two with them. Thinking that guns would have negated slavery makes no sense. The Germans had gun in WWI and they lost bad. They had them in WWII as well, though I can't remember how that turned out.

The Americans had guns in Vietnam and I believe that was called a draw? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Of all the gangsters dying in the ghetto, is it just armed gangsters shooting unarmed ones? I think not.

The point is I get why people have guns. I don't see it as necessary for me, but that's just me and that's here as well. To claim time and time again that a gun is the only way to protect yourself and will always protect you against everything, whether you believe it or not, is just false. To claim slavery could have been avoided with guns is stupid. To say that because anyone can go nuts and start shooting at any time everyone should have a gun is even stupider, and you know that's been said.

Basically, I see that sign as perpetuating a fallacy. The better sign was the one about control not guns.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

But honestly, if blacks had guns there would be no slavery? You of all people should realize how stupid that is. If they had guns, they still wouldn't have had the tactical experience and would have lost bad anyway, though maybe taken one or two with them. Thinking that guns would have negated slavery makes no sense. The Germans had gun in WWI and they lost bad. They had them in WWII as well, though I can't remember how that turned out.

The Americans had guns in Vietnam and I believe that was called a draw? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Of all the gangsters dying in the ghetto, is it just armed gangsters shooting unarmed ones? I think not.

The point is I get why people have guns. I don't see it as necessary for me, but that's just me and that's here as well. To claim time and time again that a gun is the only way to protect yourself and will always protect you against everything, whether you believe it or not, is just false. To claim slavery could have been avoided with guns is stupid. To say that because anyone can go nuts and start shooting at any time everyone should have a gun is even stupider, and you know that's been said.

Basically, I see that sign as perpetuating a fallacy. The better sign was the one about control not guns.

It may have been slavery but it may have ended sooner. Look at Nat Turner's or Harriet Tubman. They escaped, armed themselves and help start the revolution. If there would have been more heroes like them then history may have been different. Another example is Nazi Germany. One of the first thing hitler did was disarm the Jews so they had no way to defend themselves and we all know how they ended up.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no idea, none of us do. Bottom line is that guns are here to say. Even if gov't stripped law abiding citizens of their right to defend themselves do you really think that all the criminals will be lining up to turn in their guns? Not only will the common man be at the mercy of armed criminals who know there will not be any reistance from the public we will now have a tyrannical gov't (not a shot at either political party but the gov't as a whole) to prey on us.

I find the whole argument that 'of course criminals wont give up their guns' is a bit naive.
    Of course they wont give up their guns, but they are a lot less likely to get guns in the first place.
    If I broke into a house to rob in Cardiff (Wales' capital and where I live), I would be extremely lucky (or unlucky if they're home) to find a gun. I could then sell that gun on the black market. But if there was no gun in the home then it would massively cut down the amount of guns available on the black market.

Secondly, what is this fear about a tyrannical government? I don't see a tyrannical government in the UK and I don't see random shootings in our schools and shopping malls. Maybe it's because we have gun control. Or maybe we are just massively lucky.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It may have been slavery but it may have ended sooner. Look at Nat Turner's or Harriet Tubman. They escaped, armed themselves and help start the revolution. If there would have been more heroes like them then history may have been different. Another example is Nazi Germany. One of the first thing hitler did was disarm the Jews so they had no way to defend themselves and we all know how they ended up.

I notice you said "if there had been more heroes..." and I think that's perfect. Not guns, heroes. A gun is not required for a hero.
    Yet the Americans seem to think it is.

U.S.A! U.S.A!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Ok, but how many more shooting rampages happen because they average person has the right to own a gun?
    If the answer is more than 6.1 than this argument is mute.

The word is Moot. Educate yourself.
    Last edited by centrehice; 03-01-2013 at 12:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, I stand by what I said.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That is by far one of my biggest pet peeve. All points are mute since a point can't talk. Even Joey onFriends got as close as calling it a "moo point"

BANNED

Country

People don't know what the semantics of either word is/are, unfortunately.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I find the whole argument that 'of course criminals wont give up their guns' is a bit naive.
    Of course they wont give up their guns, but they are a lot less likely to get guns in the first place.
    If I broke into a house to rob in Cardiff (Wales' capital and where I live), I would be extremely lucky (or unlucky if they're home) to find a gun. I could then sell that gun on the black market. But if there was no gun in the home then it would massively cut down the amount of guns available on the black market.

Secondly, what is this fear about a tyrannical government? I don't see a tyrannical government in the UK and I don't see random shootings in our schools and shopping malls. Maybe it's because we have gun control. Or maybe we are just massively lucky.

I'm not familiar with British laws but here in American cocaine, weed, crystal, meth, and other illicit drugs are all illegal. However go to any street corner in American and you will not have any problem purchasing any of them. So tell me again how making guns illegal in America will reduce gun violence.

BANNED

Country

I'm not familiar with British laws but here in American cocaine, weed, crystal, meth, and other illicit drugs are all illegal. However go to any street corner in American and you will not have any problem purchasing any of them. So tell me again how making guns illegal in America will reduce gun violence.

The problem stems from 18th Century logic. You are the only Western Civilization that has firearms ambiguously written into your Constitution, other countries don't mention them in theirs. You need to look no further than this.

Page 72 of 461 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582122172 ... LastLast