Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Atheists!

SCF Rewards
    Country

null and void or not as important as Jesus?

In the Book of John, the first few verses read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men, And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

If my understanding is correct, Jesus is the Word, and was with God, and was God. As God made all things, the Word made all things because He was with, and was, God. Therefore, Jesus created the universe because He was God. Therefore, Genesis is neither null and void, nor not as important as Jesus, because Jesus created the universe because He was God.

God is past, present, and future. God is the same in the Old Testament, and the New. The only difference is Jesus gave us 2 new Commandments, that if kept, will keep you fullfilling the original 10:

1. You shall love the Lord your God with all your Hear, all your Mind, all your Spirit
    2. You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

If you walk in these commandments, you will fullfill the original 10. This means not to hate homosexuals, and any Christian doesn't. They hate the corruption that is forced onto their Christian lifestyle, not the person. The homosexual agenda is what Christians hate, not the homosexuals themselves. And this is because God judged Sodom and Ghomorra, because of their sexual sins. If America continues down the path of homosexuality, America will be continually under God's judgement.

Just as the Bible says, "I will Bless those who bless you(Israel), and Curse those who curse you." As long as America continues to force Israel to go against God's will by giving Promised Land to pagans, America will be under God's judgement.

But, "If My people, who are called by My Name, repent, and ask Me to heal their land, I will." Or something very similar.

Jesus is the Light that shineth into the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not. I hope all atheists & homosexuals will come out of the darkness, and into the Light of Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by jessejordan419; 07-26-2012 at 04:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Somebody stop serving this man the kool aid!!

Nice deflection, but fails to answer the question at hand. Call me a racist if you want, just more deflection. But what about Alan West? He is a black man, and he has said the exact same things.

It's easy to try to derail the conversation, but the important question is "Why"? You called white Christians racists, but what about black Christians? Are many not racist as well? Did I not just point out 2 "Reverands" that are black and are racist? Is it not racist to encourage by silence the many black mobs attacking whites all over the country?

They are sure quick to call George Zimmerman a racist, even though he is part black, part Jew, and part Hispanic, but why do they refuse to call on their own people to stop violent racism?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Can we all just agree that everyone is racist to some degree or other and get on with our lives?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm pretty sure you took a slight offense to "God and religion have very little to do with each other" and figured I was an atheist. I'm not, I believe in a god, I'm just not pretentious enough to think I can even begin to imagine who or what he is. Unfortunately, for every person like me, there's a million who will tell you they do know. Funny thing about that, none of them seem to agree.
    My point in that statement was something you touched on either in this thread or elsewhere. Do not judge god's existence based on religion. Man has done some horrible, awful things under the guise of god. Saying "Jesus" after hitting your thumb with the hammer isn't taking the lord's name in vain. What religions have done and continue to do is taking the lord's name in vain. God is amazing. Religions are terrible.

At the same time, I would never judge a person for being a member of any religion, nor would I want to take away their right to do so. Religious freedom is as important to me as freedom of thought, speech and expression, because it is made up of all of those. Myself though, I could never be a member of a particular religion.

Well, we are pretty much on the same page. I agree God has nothing to do with religion. Lucifer corrupts through the Church, but that is why the Light needs to be shined in the Church most of all. Your statement is very similar to what many "Theists" believe, and I'm not sure that is a good definer either. Atheists say Thomas Jefferson was a "Theist", but in his own quote he does say he is a Christian, and that people in his time were wrong to call him otherwise.

I assumed by that quote that you leaned more to the "Theist" side of things. I listen to Michael Savage a LOT. I would say he ascribes himself to a similar notion as you. He is of Jewish heritage and blood, but I doubt he goes to Synagogue. He reads from the New Testament on air, as he does the Old Testament, however he is not a Christian. He does not believe that Jesus was The Son of God. It is these types of beliefs that I believe still lead people in a dangerous direction, and I assumed that you may have held similar beliefs. I believe that the coming World Religion will possibly hijack this type of thinking and saying we all believe in the same God. That hindu, islam, buddha, Christianity, Judiasm, everything is all worshiping the same god and we are all one. This, I believe, will be the False One World Religion that is prophesized in the Bible.

I don't think of myself as a religous person. I don't attend Chruch(even though I should find one I agree with), but I read the Word, listen to the Word being preached on radio and t.v., and verify EVERYTHING from everyone. I still struggle with sin, I still question whether I'm saved because the Great Liar can still produce doubt in my heart. I am overcoming it, I won't say I've overcome it, because as long as the Liar is in the world, he will try to create doubt in my heart. I'm pretty sure I'm past that now though.

On religion, I could poke many holes in Catholisism. Am I saying many Catholics aren't saved? No. I'm not their judge. Their church is ruled by sun-god worshippers(Jesuits), has been since the Roman times(Venetian Black Nobility). The pope holds the twisted cross(satanic), has seashell buttons on his robe(satanic), many older catholic churches have a pie with 8(demonic) slices over the entrance, and the sun is their symbol(Lucifer was son of the morning star)(CIA symbol is a star because they are Jesuits and satanic). They chose Sun-Day as the "new" Sabbath, when the Bible says Saturday is the Sabbath. They say it's because Jesus rose from the dead on a Sunday, but I fail to see how that matters. Jesus was a practicing Jew, and did not say to worship on any other day but the Sabbath. Does that mean we go to hell? No. But I'm trying to get back to the basics.

I could go on about many Protestant religions as well. Much of Christian "religion" today is the same as Jewish "religion" was in Jesus' time. The Pharises & Sadducces had corrupted the Law of Moses, were stealing through the Temple(God's House where His Glory rested), and were an abomination before God. The money changers(today=banksters, Venetian Black Nobility) were in God's Holy House, and that is the only time Jesus got violent. That is why they had Jesus killed. Jesus wanted to bring people to God, not to a building. But to have that relationship, we have to be Believers, Repent, and continually scrub sin from our heart.

Jesus said to give in secret.
    Jesus said to go into your closet to pray.
    Jesus chastized the pharisees because they would not allow poor people to church because of their attire, lack of wealth, etc. Who sits in churches these days? Drive Lexus, wear Rolex, look down upon "poor" people, or sinners, who actually need to be in church the most.

And don't get me started on "Faith Healers" like Benny Hinn. That is some of the most disgusting garbage I've ever seen. Many televangelists only collect money. They are the new money changers........
    Last edited by jessejordan419; 07-26-2012 at 05:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everything is important. Jesus even said something to the effect of how are you going to listen to me if you don't listen to the words of moses which is what he goes by. It just makes no sense if you ask me.

What about it makes no sense? I'd like to help if I could, or maybe someone else can help it make sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

jesse, though I somewhat agree with what you are saying, and actually kind of like it, my biggest issue is time. we will never fully understand Jesus in our time on earth, but the closer we can get, I believe, the better we are. Not because I am worried about burning in hell, but because I believe He is my creator, my closest ally, and obviously the why I am even here.

Because of this I think it is important to try and understand what Jesus was about and what he taught others while He was here. The New Testament is full of so much information that I could spend over a lifetime just learning from a few pages. Also I believe there is a strong possibility of sources for the teaching of Jesus outside of the Bible. There is no one who can claim to know what Jesus meant in all His teachings, so why should I not spend my life trying to figure this out?

Though I am somewhat knowledgeable about the OT, I simply do not have the time to break it down and study, research, and personally debate all the things within, no one has that type of time.

So Jesus' teachings take priority in my understanding of God. Also it is obvious that the OT is the old covenant with God, while Jesus' teachings are the new and is what is relevant to me. I am not trying to belittle the OT, just trying to prioritize things. I would rather know a few things well, then know a little about a whole bunch of things.

I do enjoy your posting and would love to continue a discussion aout religion with you.

please feel free to start a new thread, I would love to pick your brain about a few things, and if you don't mind getting a it dirty you may want to pick mine as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

jesse, though I somewhat agree with what you are saying, and actually kind of like it, my biggest issue is time. we will never fully understand Jesus in our time on earth, but the closer we can get, I believe, the better we are. Not because I am worried about burning in hell, but because I believe He is my creator, my closest ally, and obviously the why I am even here.

Because of this I think it is important to try and understand what Jesus was about and what he taught others while He was here. The New Testament is full of so much information that I could spend over a lifetime just learning from a few pages. Also I believe there is a strong possibility of sources for the teaching of Jesus outside of the Bible. There is no one who can claim to know what Jesus meant in all His teachings, so why should I not spend my life trying to figure this out?

Though I am somewhat knowledgeable about the OT, I simply do not have the time to break it down and study, research, and personally debate all the things within, no one has that type of time.

So Jesus' teachings take priority in my understanding of God. Also it is obvious that the OT is the old covenant with God, while Jesus' teachings are the new and is what is relevant to me. I am not trying to belittle the OT, just trying to prioritize things. I would rather know a few things well, then know a little about a whole bunch of things.

I do enjoy your posting and would love to continue a discussion aout religion with you.

please feel free to start a new thread, I would love to pick your brain about a few things, and if you don't mind getting a it dirty you may want to pick mine as well.

Hehehe, I also wish for more time. I have wasted so much of my youth pursuing pleasure instead of learning and growing. I can't have those years back, but God "causes all things to work for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose".

To tell you the truth, I wish I would read more myself. I spend a lot of time hearing other people's interpretations, because, even if I read it myself, I wouldn't get the same knowledge or view that they got. The ministers that I watch or listen to most are: Charles Stanley, Adrian Rogers, Hal Lindsey, and I used to watch Jack Van Impe and John Haggee, but they are too worked up for me.

You are right though, you could spend your whole life just trying to live by "The Sermon On The Mount" alone, let alone the rest of the NT. And the same Scripture will give you different understanding as you grow, or just as you age and experience different things in life.

I'm very glad to see others here that are open to discussion. I'll try to find topics of discussion that are less "Conspiracy" related and more helpful. I get sidetracked by "trying to figure it all out", when I should be learning and spreading God's Word.........

SCF Rewards
    Country

I feel very sorry for you. atheism is the biggest lie of the Great Liar, his name is Lucifer. Lucifer was the greatest of all the angels, which were created to serve God. He was the most beautiful, and was the leader of praise and worship of ABBA Father.

The first sin was pride. Lucifer's pride was that he was greater than God, rebelled, took 1/3 of the angels with him(Reptillians/UFO's/aliens) and was cast down to the Earth, and given rule over it.

You have fallen for Lucifer's great lie. We are NOT to look to other Christians as our examples, or even examples of Christians. Jesus was God taking on the flesh of man, so that He would be OUR EXAMPLE. We are to look to Jesus as our example, not the catholic church, not the Baptist Church, not the Methodist Church, not any church. We are not to look to preachers as our example, we are not to look to priests as our example.

Lucifer corrupts all. All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. The Hebrews had to sacrifice an unblemished lamb, and other things, to make payment for their sins. Jesus was the Lamb of God, making complete and final payment for the sins of those who would believe that He is The Son of God, that He died on the Cross, was Risen on the Third Day, and sits on His Heavenly Throne, acting as your lawyer before God if you believe in Him.

Jehova cannot be in the presence of sin. This is why Lucifer was cast out of Heaven, and this is why God gave Moses the Law. But the law was corrupted by man, and therefore, God sent His Son as The Sacrifice, so that all who believed in Him would be cleansed of sin. You have to make this choice in this life, so that you can be with God in the afterlife. If your sins are not cleansed by the Blood of Jesus, you will be eternally separated from God. Hell is that eternal separation. God does not intend for you to go there, but he cannot make that decision for you. Only you can make it.

Please don't, I'm quite happy ever since I rejected my former christian beliefs, and for the first time in my life I truly feel that I'm thinking freely and using reasonable and logical decisions to guide the way I live.

As for the rest of your post, you are free to believe every last word in the Bible, whereas I'm free to not believe any of it.

I was a Christian for many years and I believed exactly like you.

However, I always had my doubts, as a christian I was told to believe and have faith (BLINDLY), with absolutely no evidence to support any of the biblical claims.

I opened my mind and saw that Science has a better explanation on our origins and the origins of the universe.

I'm an atheist because there is no evidence and (IMO) any logical reason to believe in god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Please don't, I'm quite happy ever since I rejected my former christian beliefs, and for the first time in my life I truly feel that I'm thinking freely and using reasonable and logical decisions to guide the way I live.

As for the rest of your post, you are free to believe every last word in the Bible, whereas I'm free to not believe any of it.

I was a Christian for many years and I believed exactly like you.

However, I always had my doubts, as a christian I was told to believe and have faith (BLINDLY), with absolutely no evidence to support any of the biblical claims.

I opened my mind and saw that Science has a better explanation on our origins and the origins of the universe.

I'm an atheist because there is no evidence and (IMO) any logical reason to believe in god.

justalex, don't try to argue with people like him. as tempting as it is to reply to his ramblings it would also be the greatest waste of time imaginable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234