Thread: which set should i go for??

which set should i go for??

i wanna start a set....what kind should i do?

Well this is a question commonly asked....So many sets are released each year its hard to choose...here are a few of my recomendations....

Topps Chrome-nice clean cards with refractors Fun to collect

Topps Finest- bueatiful base design also has refractors

Hoops HOt prospects-rookie patchs are really nice

spx-a little higher end but a great product

Hope this helps!!

I agree with unstopable's picks, and I can add this:

UD Glass- Great plexiglass cards, autos, and limited RC's (base set will be easy though, and the price is a bit high)

UD Base Series 1 or 2 - A lot of people look down on this set, but I find the boxes give you a lot for the $. 2 GU in every box, and the card design is quite nice

UD Ultimate Collection - I only mention this because it's over $500 a box, and who in the world is buying this? (And, can I have some of the commons??)

03-04 Fleer Ultra - Just came out, and I like the set design. Around $3-$4 a pack, or $60-$70 a box, there are some nice RC's and autos to be had from it. I saw a dual Lebron/Carmelo auto from this set pulled at a local store, # to 25. Lucky kid, eh?

thanks guys! right now im thinkin topps chrome or fleer ultra but guys keep helping me! this is the first time i EVER will try to complete a set....hope u all can help me! thanks guys!

You really can't go wrong with Topps Chrome. I like teh 2003 Fleer Authentix Basketball. Here is the low down on it,

Each box of Fleer Authentix will have 3 memorabilia or autographed cards in every box. Autographed cards will come in every other box and will feature autographs of Amare Stoudamire, Ben Wallace & Carmelo Anthony. All of the autographed cards will be numbered 100 or less. The innovative Rookie Booster tickets are coming to Authentix NBA, Simply pair the booster ticket with the Rookie Authentix card and create the ultimate rookie card. This Authentix exclusive, will feature ALL ROOKIES!!!!!. Draft day tickets are another very unique card that features an actual piece of ticket from this year’s draft.

Sounds unique and no to expensive. Something different for a change maybe.