Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Romneys Tax Plans?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Romneys Tax Plans?

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...-romney-hiding

from US News and World Report

from a LIBERAL SOURCE which says the same things
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08...urts-the-poor/

However I would LOVE to read the Tax Policy Center's report

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The article basically says just what I posted on the other thread (and didn't get a single response, lol) Romney's camp is taking Abe's advice, better to stay silent (not release taxes) and be thought a fool than it is to speak (release taxes) and remove all doubt.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I Did find the report...
    here is the Abstract

ABSTRACT
    This paper examines the tradeoffs among three competing goals that are inherent in a revenue-neutral income tax reform—maintaining tax revenues, ensuring a progressive tax system, and lowering marginal tax rates—drawing on the example of the tax policies advanced in presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s tax plan. Our major conclusion is that any revenue-neutral individual income tax change that incorporates the features Governor Romney has proposed would provide large tax cuts to high-income households, and increase the tax burdens on middle- and/or lower-income taxpayers.

Sounds like the old Ronnie plan

SCF Rewards
    Country

More on the disastrous Tax plan from Romney:

http://theweek.com/article/index/231...t-of-americans

Basically, we're all paying more, while the Richest Americans get even MORE tax breaks.

ALL HAIL THE UNITED STATES OF PLUTOCRACY!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The article basically says just what I posted on the other thread (and didn't get a single response, lol) Romney's camp is taking Abe's advice, better to stay silent (not release taxes) and be thought a fool than it is to speak (release taxes) and remove all doubt.

My opinion is that if he did people would learn he really did not pay taxes or a fair share. As well learn that he was paid from Bain longer then he said. BUT trust me in the State of Mass He paid TAXES! but only on his salary

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Was that Lincoln? One of my favourite quotes, along with "People who like this sort of thing will find this to be the sort of thing they like".

Lincoln would have been great in today's world of soundbites.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I personally like: "Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Probably not a direct quote and I don't know who came up with it, but it is good.

Yes, Abe and a few others would have been great for TV.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I personally like: "Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Probably not a direct quote and I don't know who came up with it, but it is good.

Yes, Abe and a few others would have been great for TV.

That one's great, and healthy advice for around here (users who will beat you with experience include...I'm sure you know.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

More on the disastrous Tax plan from Romney:

http://theweek.com/article/index/231...t-of-americans

Basically, we're all paying more, while the Richest Americans get even MORE tax breaks.

ALL HAIL THE UNITED STATES OF PLUTOCRACY!

I love that he believes that the government should only spend the money that it is able to tax from the citizens. If Romney becomes President, maybe we'll even have a Congress that can pass a budget.

Balancing the budget is a huge challenge since spending has skyrocketed. I'm curious to see how he would do it. Romney has made some broad statements on his plans, then this article uses those assumptions to make some educated guesses on how he would do it, and then Alex links to it and adds his own sound bite analysis.

I want to see the details, but eliminating deficit spending is a huge first step.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I love that he believes that the government should only spend the money that it is able to tax from the citizens. If Romney becomes President, maybe we'll even have a Congress that can pass a budget.

Balancing the budget is a huge challenge since spending has skyrocketed. I'm curious to see how he would do it. Romney has made some broad statements on his plans, then this article uses those assumptions to make some educated guesses on how he would do it, and then Alex links to it and adds his own sound bite analysis.

I want to see the details, but eliminating deficit spending is a huge first step.

first CUTS ACROSS THE BOARD ARE REQUIRED
    EVEN the Military spending!

The Mitt plan DOES NOT even come close to this!

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast