Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hudda123's Items on eBay

BEWARE 3starmma (ebay) - I JUST GOT SCREWED

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that I just got scrweed by 3starmma aka Amy Sova aka Shawn Steinberg.

I wanna start by saying that I've done several high end deals with Shawn which is probably why I trusted him. If he was going to screw me, I figured he would do it in a larger deal but I'm beyond trying to figure out whats on this guy's mind.

It all started in early June when we agreed to a trade but he hadn't received the cards involved yet (one of the cards was my Pettis KO 1/1 Auto). Considering we had done deals in the past, I didn't think anything of it and figured he would ship all cards involved eventually. The missing card was a GSP titleshot auto relic. It wasn't a crazy card so I didn't think anything of it.

About a month later (early July), we had done another trade with the foundation being my Rory National Pride #25/25 for his Michael Mcdonald "red 1st Auto and a 2012 KO Ruby Red Auto...once again, the only problem was that he hadn't received these cards yet. In early / mid July, he told me that he still hadn't received the GSP Auto relic from the June deal and he suggested that he replace it with a GSP Leaf Auto and will ship with the Pettis and MM which should arrive shortly, which I agreed to.

Received an email on July 26th saying that everything was received except the Pettis card and he will ship as soon as that card is received. I got an email on August 5th saying that he was going to ship my cards that weekend but since the monday was a holiday, he would ship on the tuesday. Considering we live in the same area, everything is usually received the next business day. The following week went by and I still hadn't received anything. I emailed him asking for an update on August 11th asking what was going on....and I never heard back from him again.

On august 12th, the Rory National pride I traded him went on ebay, along with the Michael Macdonald, along with the GSP leaf auto I was suppose to receive.

I contacted OPP (ontario provincial police) and pursued mail fraud charges against Shawn. I had the reference number and contacted ebay about having the listings removed. They told me that they would look into it...a week later, the listings were still up and the cards were sold.

I think its safe to say that I will never receive this cards so I just wanted to give the heads up to the other traders out there. I've done several deals with Shawn before...most for much more $$$$ so I'm not sure what possessed him to screw me this time. I don't know if he had a change of heart or was desperate for cash or what...needless to say, I'm sure most of us have dealt him and trust him but I just wanted to share my experience so you dont' make the same mistake I did.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was trying to trade with him for the McDonald auto and it never happened as something just didn't seem right. Good to know!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (45)
    Country

Ive bought from that seller before. Let me see what it was and how long it took to get here!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (45)
    Country

It was a Alexander Gustafsson 1/8 mat relic jumbo. Didnt take too long to get here but it wasnt the fastest shipping either.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See huskiebowler's Items on eBay

Ive sold alot of High end stuff the them just never bought anything. i had to wait almost 2 weeks for payment on the GSP/Rory bloodlines dual auto due to lack of funds. apparently waiting for payment on the cards that were supposed to be yours. I will make sure to not buy anything. thanks for letting us know and im very sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man, is there no honor in this community anymore? I've also dealt with Shawn and Amy with buying, selling and trading and have never had a problem until the last deal we tried to hammer out. We've been going back and forth for a month because they keep altering the deal, offering more and different cards, offering more or less Paypal til the point where I finally threw my hands in the air and said I'm done.

Hope the OPP can help you out on this Hudda, no wonder you want to get out of the hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See youngdiehl's Items on eBay

Hudda, thanks for the update i too have done just a couple deals with Shawn, almost worked out a deal for my Red ink MOT Travis Browne but like a few have mentioned things just seemed "off" these last couple of weeks, i hope it all works out. Please keep us updated.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man, is there no honor in this community anymore? I've also dealt with Shawn and Amy with buying, selling and trading and have never had a problem until the last deal we tried to hammer out. We've been going back and forth for a month because they keep altering the deal, offering more and different cards, offering more or less Paypal til the point where I finally threw my hands in the air and said I'm done.

Hope the OPP can help you out on this Hudda, no wonder you want to get out of the hobby.

Thanks for the post guys...I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed a change in behavior from this guy. As Tompkins said, enough is enough...between the screwing, the shady characters and the lies written about me on other websites, I'm starting to think that this hobby is more headache than its worth so I'm getting out. Everything will be posted on ebay in auction for a penny. It probably won't be in one shot but we'll see how it goes. Please add me to your favorite sellers and check out my auctions.
    Last edited by hudda123; 08-22-2012 at 06:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Coltsmavs's Items on eBay

Sorry Brother scamming seems to be running rampant lately. I think i'll stick with dealing with the same guys unless somebody can vouch for their character.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry Brother scamming seems to be running rampant lately. I think i'll stick with dealing with the same guys unless somebody can vouch for their character.

If someone was to ask me about Shawn, I woulda vouched for him...the problem is that it just takes a change of heart. I've done dozens of deals with Shawn worth a lot of $$$$, the guy has a perfecty ebay rating...many people can vouch for him...unfortunately thats just not good enough for me anymore. Instead of wondering who I can trust or who is STILL an honest trader, I would just rather cut my losses and call it quits.

Thanks to Scott and all the other cool dudes who made it fun while it lasted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast