Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping

Shipping

I really need to know...cause I feel like Im getting ripped In a big way..

Ok..If im only sending a couple cards I can usually get away with a white envelope providing i use top loaders...correct?

The question is what if Im sending 10-50 cards? What is the best method of shipment from Canada? Ive used small bubble envelopes and usually pay $7-$10..from what I hear that is way too much...and I have to agree...it hurts the deal. Makes me not want to trade unless its it my favor which sucks for everyone.

Im very interested in any ideas anyone has..how they save money when shipping!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I would strongly reccomend you stop sending cards in white envelopes. Even in toploaders, I've seen many incidents of severely damaged cards. I personally will never trade or buy from a person I know will send in a white envelope. I mean, bubble mailers only cost $.20 a piece. I can't really help your other question though.

well mailers cost 20 cents each if buying in bulk. if your buying from your local store they can be what 79 cents to a buck. and with white envelopes ive never had problems when receiving surprisingly. i send only in bubble mailers but i reuse have not had to buy for almost a year and a half.

Ive been paying 7-9 dollars to send in a small! bubble envelope. Thats too much. Everyone Ive talked to has to prob with shipping for a few dollars....but 7?

I asked the lady that worked there today if she knew how I could reduce my shipping costs....but she didnt even know why she was charging me for anything...?... Now I know why Im being ripped off..I think Canada Post is paying (or contracting) kids at $8 hr to work at the post office depots and not care.

Im still trying to figure how to ship cards...I dont wanna send in envelopes..what are my options? What does everyone else do? What tha?

$7-$10 shipping for 10 to 50 cards in reasonable in my opinion. That is a lot of cards!

Quote Originally Posted by rmadams
    I really need to know...cause I feel like Im getting ripped In a big way..

Ok..If im only sending a couple cards I can usually get away with a white envelope providing i use top loaders...correct?

The question is what if Im sending 10-50 cards? What is the best method of shipment from Canada? Ive used small bubble envelopes and usually pay $7-$10..from what I hear that is way too much...and I have to agree...it hurts the deal. Makes me not want to trade unless its it my favor which sucks for everyone.

Im very interested in any ideas anyone has..how they save money when shipping!
    i ship from canada too man.i know ur pain...my best bet for u to do is to go on ebay and buy bulk bubblemailers!!!!!....i did that and now everytime i go send something it only costs me $1.70

I would think your problem lies with the Canadian Postal Service. Is that what they charge you for postage? I would say there really is no other way around it really. I buy my #000 padded envelopes by they case(250)for around $35.00. Costs me about $0.15 each which helps me keep my s/h costs down. For my eBay costs I have a s/h scale I use that is pretty much way below what many others charge.

1-10 cards $2.00
    11-20 $2.50
    21-30 $3.00
    31-40 $4.00
    41-50 $5.00
    51+ $6.50 and really never goes above that unless it`s a huge lot/set, then I adjust it a little. I do lose out sometimes when a buyer wins more than 5 auctions. Gotta figure in the costs of those listing fees and final value fees, but yet my shipping for all auctions remains at $2.00. Doesn`t happen all the time, but when it does I have to bite the bullet. Most people charge $2.00 for the first auction and then add another $1.00 for each auction won after that. Too steep imho. You can win 5 cards from these sellers for $1.00 each card then tack on another $6.00 for their shipping costs and then you`re paying more for shipping than the actual cards themselves and then when the cards come in the postage rate was only $1.83 for all 5 cards. Big scam imho.

heres an idea on how to send single card at less than .50 each
    u need:
    top loader.10
    2popsicle stick/3=5toothpicks(.10)
    news paper(old, so were gonna call this a freebie)
    instructions:
    1.put card in toploder
    2.tape top loader shut
    3.glue toothpicks to top loader to prevent bending
    4.wrap in 1 layer of newspaper
    5.send as post card

i have never tried this and do NOT garuntee it

i think the postage on a postacrd is like what .25?
    i think post cards can be up to 3/4 of an inch thick

does anyone think my idea will work?
    is this hijacking?
    if so pls delete post

I will sometimes give someone the option on how they want them sent. I recommend sleeving, toploading, wrapped in paper and use a padded envelope. I usually like to send cards the way I expect to receive them.

I just got this returned from the post office this week. Check it out. I guess it really doesn`t matter what protection is used because the PO can really screw things up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast