Thread: this may be a stupid question

this may be a stupid question

but do multi colored patch cards really have more of a value the plain old one color patchs? and if so how much does it usually increase the price by?

again thank you all for your patience with me .ive always been an average collector and im trying to get deeper into things

2. Kronozio
    Yes there is a rarity factor.
    Plain, or single color swatches of the main color of the Jsy(EX Purple of vikings home, or white for away) is 90% of the garment.

Pieces of patches or bands, numbers(About any sewn on piece) account for a much smaller percentage, and carry a premium.

How much can & does vary, but if I remember correctly a multiplier per color is fairly close.

Hope this helps, Perhaps some-one will add more.

Take Care,
    -Rich
    Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    As of May 2017 ~ STILL Collect the following --> ALL 01-04 UD SP Legendary cuts Mlb G/U *Also, Topps insert Sp's.
    1985T Mlb mini's issue(Canadian release)
    Vintage & Modern issues: Have old school players but want current players? I may want them, please Pm me.Thank You | GINTER G/U

Do you mean if it has 3 colors you would multiply the book value by 3? I too am a little curious. I knew it increased but didn't know how much.

I don't know about multiplying the Book value or premiums, but the nicer patches always sell for much more. I've seen the same card, just with different patches sell for really different prices. The new SP product is a prime example.
    I saw a regular plain 1 colored patch/auto sell for approx. $26-28, and I had the same card, only a nicer patch (part of the name) and it sold for $70.
    The more color the better, it never fails. Or if it has part of the name patch, or logo patch, the prices sky rocket.
    I love the nice patches, but if I can get the same card for $40-50 less because the patch is only one solid color, I'll always bid on that one. I've gotten several SP auto patches this year, in the $18-26 range for the regular plain patches, instead of paying much more for the nicer patches.
    Hope that helps.