Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

I really have to stop this, as it's like arguing with 3-yr olds.

Other then logging onto DA cardsworld, do you have any clue about the wholesale market? - didn't think so.

Two-months after Dominion was released, "if" you actually picked up the phone and called certain US wholesalers, you could have had boxes for as low as $230/box - fact! Unlike The Cup, after people opened their first few boxes - that was it! The cards were "Pacific-like" and many were selling like old Pacific cards. Very few people went back for seconds and this left wholesalers and some stores holding a high-priced product that nobody wanted at it's current price. Factor-in the bad economy and new products about to hit and - it was dump time!

I was offered boxes for as low as $200/box - fact! but since I would have had to purchase quantity, there was no way I would touch-it - didn't know how low it would drop.

Last but not least, pick-up the phone, call half a dozen wholesalers (who wouldn't sell to you anyways) and ask them for their best price on a case of 2010-11 The Cup. Best guess, is that "maybe" one would even tell you that they have one in stock or could get one.

Conversely, make the same call and ask about last year's Dominion.

Just because a company says that a product has "sold out" means squat nowadays. UD Never says The Cup sells out, because they don't have to. However, if you do wish to believe these falsehoods, here's a tip - when a product has "actually" sold-out, it doesn't sell for 50% of it's original asking price.

I never once said The Cup outsold Dominion. I said the value in the average Dominion tin is better than the average value in a Cup tin now, and even when The Cup was at $450. The Cup has always outsold Dominion (1 year, not that hard to figure out). Panini's first year in the hockey game, their first High-End product, of course people are going to be skeptical about it. Panini also doesn't have the same resale even if the cards are mirrors of each other because they are a new company. Hockey cards have always been cheaper in the US because there isn't the same following as there is in Canada as well as there isn't the duty charges and taxes on it for you. We are in 2 totally different markets, hence why you were able to get it for cheaper. Of course it's going to be cheaper in the US, everything is. We have higher taxes which makes things cost more. Also, I know many people after opening a box of Dominion who kept on opening it. Panini is proud when a first time product in their first year sells out and they released it.

Also, call up your "wholesalers" and ask for Dominion now. See what they say. None of the Canadian ones I have called have it or for a price under $370 a box per case. At quantity... which is 1 or 2 cases that they had left. If you do and they have it for cheaper, send me their phone number, I will gladly buy it from them. I will also gladly take those Dominion cards you were giving away for free.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Anyways, back to The Cup. I wonder what the allotment was this year, like where most of the cases went. It seems like a lot of them are in Canada... Which makes sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really have to stop this, as it's like arguing with 3-yr olds.

Other then logging onto DA cardsworld, do you have any clue about the wholesale market? - didn't think so.

Two-months after Dominion was released, "if" you actually picked up the phone and called certain US wholesalers, you could have had boxes for as low as $230/box - fact! Unlike The Cup, after people opened their first few boxes - that was it! The cards were "Pacific-like" and many were selling like old Pacific cards. Very few people went back for seconds and this left wholesalers and some stores holding a high-priced product that nobody wanted at it's current price. Factor-in the bad economy and new products about to hit and - it was dump time!

I was offered boxes for as low as $200/box - fact! but since I would have had to purchase quantity, there was no way I would touch-it - didn't know how low it would drop.

Last but not least, pick-up the phone, call half a dozen wholesalers (who wouldn't sell to you anyways) and ask them for their best price on a case of 2010-11 The Cup. Best guess, is that "maybe" one would even tell you that they have one in stock or could get one.

Conversely, make the same call and ask about last year's Dominion.

Just because a company says that a product has "sold out" means squat nowadays. UD Never says The Cup sells out, because they don't have to. However, if you do wish to believe these falsehoods, here's a tip - when a product has "actually" sold-out, it doesn't sell for 50% of it's original asking price.

Cup is $374 at BO, they can't give away this crap year.
    Dominion is $335 at DA, $370 at CnC

So looks like dominion has not dropped much even after years

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There's not really much need to bump a thread like this which is over 2-years old to discuss price drops.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678