Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

I thought this was a deal, what's anyone else think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-RED-SOX-T...ayphotohosting

Ted Williams autographed page with his picture and career stats, framed, with COA.

Just wondering what anyone thought I can't find my beckett to see what this would be listed around.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dont know if its a real auto, but its a nice picture. Also, Id be semi worried about the seller only having 4 feedback.

SCF Rewards

I agree, I got the paypal protection for like a $1.50 and I haven't had trouble with paypal getting my money back in the past.
    I compared it with most all the other Ted auto's I can find and if it's a forge they had to have the real one sittin infront of them and incredible practice, there's no signs of pause or anything. And it's got the same height and spacing as his others.
    Last edited by baseballer2150; 01-31-2006 at 05:12 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if u read the auction, they dont state anywhere that ted williams actually signed it. they just say that it is signed.

SCF Rewards

at the top it says ted williams AUTOGRAPHED (being he did the action)

And then says original hand signed. THat would definately call for an incorrectly discribed item that would make paypal give me my money back (insurance).

Also you couldn't really have a COA for a ted auto if it was signed by someone else, unless the forge was so good you could pass it for real.

I feel pretty confident for now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Having a COA doesn't mean anything unless it comes from a company with a name...

You have to remember that a lot of Ted William's autographed items are now being declared forgeries because many were signed by his "personal signer" who was a clubhouse attendant.

UD is getting hit with these fake autos, and even my own favorite card shop has pulled 3 of 5 autographed Ted baseballs because of this...

You just never know.

SCF Rewards

dang, this makes me sad now, idk, I still think it's pretty cool though

SCF Rewards
    Country

The best thing to do is print out the ebay auction page, and all other info... IDK where you live, but there are any BIG card shows, bring it there for authentication with GAI or PSA... Or send it in.. It will cost you, but would increase its value, especially if it is real.

I did this with an autographed Ken Griffey Jr baseball... I had gotten it back in 1995 at an auction that our high school football booster club was doing at our annual football dinner... I didn't take notice of the auto until this past summer when I really started to hate the COA (too basic and to me not legit enough), plus his auto looked perfect but his extended lines on his y was different.. Anyways, came back from PSA as legit and was given a 10 for the auto... I also got it appraised in November got an appraisal of $650... The ball is from a Pittsburgh all star game with yellow/black laces and supposedly he only signed under 50 of these... Pretty cool...