Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Topps TTM Thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love this project its really great to watch your progress. Good luck

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I love this project its really great to watch your progress. Good luck

Thanks very much. This has been a great set and cards are very much attainable thus far. I've traded everything but my sole for cards so far.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Based on my recent experience, I think you will get a reply from Tommy Lasorda. I sent a ROMLB addressed to him at Dodger Stadium on 10/29 and got the ball back from him on 11/8. Quick turnaround and a nice addition to my HOF baseball project. I did add cash and made sure to personalize my request. I told him about all the time I spent at Dodger Stadium and how I would see him there (when I had good seats at least). My office was also near his home. Anyway, my point is that I personalized my LOR. The only downside is that Tommy did not inscribe his HOF year on my ball which I requested. Good luck with your submission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See helmsbr's Items on eBay

A lot of the guys from this set are now coaching or working for minor league teams. I am sure there are many that a managing in college but I have only found Chris Bando going that route.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have been able to track down a few but most of the MLB coaches rarely sign so it's just send and hope. I have had luck tracking down work addresses and getting a nice auto or two from those. Overall the set has many players who are willing to sign either in person or via the mail. I have also been lucky enough to find events players will be at and members who can and have helped. My best thing is access to Jim Traber who has signed several 87 Topps I have been able to trade for tougher guys from this set. He is a 0% TTM guy so I have gotten some nice trades with his cards.

2 new cards: Tony Pena and Bob Brenly, I also got Gumpert back but his sig was smudged and in black (I was hoping for a blue)

Pics:
    60-Tony Pena.JPG125-Bob Brenly.JPG
    Last edited by J_A_S_Z; 11-13-2013 at 10:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Added Ken Dixon and what I think is a good Dale Sveum. If you didn't know the one I got TTM was ghost signed and was pretty badly done. I'll try and post the two autos side by side but this black one will hold a spot till I can get an IP blue auto.
    Upgraded my Randy Niemann from Black to Blue

Photos:
    147-Randy Niemann.JPG327-Dale Sveum.JPG477-Ken Howell.JPG

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Best day for me yet, Added Bob Sebra. Dennis Boyd, Mike Morgan, Kelly Gruber, Ken Howell(xtra), Mickey Tettleton and Cal Ripken Jr!!! The Cal is JSA and I got it for less than Ironclad signings.

Pics:

285-Dennis Boyd.JPG458-Kelly Gruber.JPG479-Bob Sebra.JPG546-Mike Morgan.JPG649-Mickey Tettleton.JPG
    Last edited by J_A_S_Z; 11-15-2013 at 11:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And now for the Crown Jewel of the Collection, one of my top ten favorite cards from this set.

Cal Ripken Jr

784-Cal Ripken Jr.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats! This is a great old set. Brings back a lot of memories.

And now for the Crown Jewel of the Collection, one of my top ten favorite cards from this set.

Cal Ripken Jr

784-Cal Ripken Jr.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

That cal is amazing! Congrats man.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast