Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thumbs up Almost College :) Young lady scores....

113 YES!! 113 points :new_shock

Found the news while reading Jordans reply about Kobe's 81.

Epiphanny Prince set a national girls' record last week in a game that was a rout from the start. Some complained her performance in such a one-sided contest was an example of poor sportsmanship.

"I can't fault the young lady for scoring 113 points when she goes out each and every minute to play the game hard," Jordan said. "If you're going to fault anybody, fault the coach for not taking her out of the game."

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think its ridiculous she wasnt pulled. The coach should have known better. I remember a few years back, I had 28 points in the first quarter, and my coach pulled me for the final three. We only had a 7 man team, but he thought It was unnecessary to keep playing our number 1 and 2 guys. So me and my bud got pulled, and our team ended up winning by like 60 points, with some backups in. I just think its a lack of judgement. Id be really pissed if we lost that bad, and gave up 113 points to one player.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

According to the coach, he wasn't aware of the score until he suddenly saw the scoreboard. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yaaaa, give me a break. Thats like saying your not aware you won the lottery, but your standing in line to redeem your prize. Give me a break.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

I heard they gave up and stopped guarding here in the 2nd half. That coach is a jerk for running it up and letting her get all the points. The way points and everything are being emphasized, even by parents at the modified level (I coach it and a mom on there only cheers for her 3 boys if they shoot every time they get it...annoys the heck right out of me) has gotten ridiculous. It truely has became "we didnt win, but I scored...."

Kids need to take pride in wins, not just points. Watching Carmelo tonight play no D shows that even athletes we look up to only care for points a lot of the time. Just sucks in general

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

She broke Lisa Leslie's old record of 100+. She did that against my high school (South High). I think in that game, our girls did not come out for the 2nd half. My friend's sister said she "locked Lisa down" to 60-70 the year before. Haha.

SCF Rewards
    See amazz1541's Items on eBay

What's even more amazing than the point total is that Epiphanny Prince shot 54 of 60 from the floor.....that's a whole lot of uncontested layups.

SCF Rewards
    Country

and they were up by 50 something points at the half, so i dont really care i think they won the game by over 100 points. the coach should be ashamed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

it may be ridiculous but even so 113 points is still amazing... thats close to 4 points a minute and honestly if you figure the other team had the ball for even 1/4 of the game that leaves 24 minutes to score 113 points.... thats hard to do by yourself on the court much less with people in your way... it will be exciting to see her develope and the kind of story she makes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atlbravesfan4life's Items on eBay

sounds like the other team just gave up, asterisk for the record IMO