Thread: Ebay feedback question

Ebay feedback question

I won a card yesterday and sent payment via PayPal immediately after the acution ended. I got an email from the seller telling me that he was sending the card out tomorrow, and would leave + feedback for me AFTER I leave + feedback for him.

My question is, why wait? I have run into this many times as a buyer where the seller doesn't leave feedback until AFTER I have. The way I look at it, he's leaving feedback for me as a buyer. I paid immediately, so why not leave feedback right away?

It just makes me wonder why he is waiting (and why other wait as well).
    "In space no one can eat ice cream!"

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Sellers usually do this so that if they recieve negative fb then they can do the same back. it is also a way to let the seller know that you have recieved the good as well. my 2 cents

thats probably why. Just because you pay, doesn't mean the sale is over. As a seller, I don't hold feedback hostage from my buyers. Although, since I sell so much, I only leave feedback every couple weeks in bulk. It's just easier and more practical for me. I also don't worry about if that person has left it for me before I leave. If the transaction goes well, I leave feedback. Actually, if it doesn't go well I leave feedback too. I don't like the sellers that are scared to leave a negative to someone that deserves it just because they don't want to get hit with one in return.

m

If I'm the buyer I leave feedback as soon as I receive the product and the seller has already left feedback. If they don't leave feedback I don't. If I'm the seller I leave feedback as soon as I receive payment.

Thanks for the responses.
    "In space no one can eat ice cream!"

Most of the time I leave feedback when the transaction is over. I do not require that feedback be left for me first, I just require that both myself and the other person have received our sides of the transaction.

-Lewis
    Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Tom Brady
    ”Bruise Brothers”, “Grind Line”, “Russian 5”
    Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, Mike Modano
    “Motor City Bad Boys”, “Fab 5”, Michael Jordan, Penny
    Mike Tyson, Brian Stann, CM Punk, Tiger Woods