Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Sportscard Toolbar

Free Sportscard Toolbar

I've made a sports card toolbar for a site and am giving it away if you'd like it. It has a 1) Google and ebay search, 2) Trading sites, 3) Card Companies, 4) Grading Companies, and 5) a direct link to Paypal. This toolbar can be customized so if you'd like to customize it there would be a little fee. Please e-mail me if you'd like it. This is for IE. Thanks.

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store

Sweet!!! I think I am going to give this a try.

This is pretty easy to do. I dont know if its on every computer, but im my bookmarks, there is this folder that you cannot delete called "Links". Any bookmarks you put in this folder will show up in the toolbar at the top. I guess you could put subfolders in there to make the different categories. And for the google toolbar, just go to google and download it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDooku
    This is pretty easy to do. I dont know if its on every computer, but im my bookmarks, there is this folder that you cannot delete called "Links". Any bookmarks you put in this folder will show up in the toolbar at the top. I guess you could put subfolders in there to make the different categories. And for the google toolbar, just go to google and download it.
    Yup that is exactly what I do!

Quote Originally Posted by ceraholt
    Sweet!!! I think I am going to give this a try.
    If you'd like to try it out just PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

I've made it easy for all of you to download, simply go to the link and either download or run. http://cardguards.com/CardboardXchange.exe If you do please let me know what you think of the toolbar. Thanks in advance.

Looks like a great idea, I am certainly going to try it.

Thanks
    4035 Different Detroit Lions
    7713 Different Detroit Tigers (Through K)
    Master Ultra Checklist (5777/9338 = 61.87 %)
    Steve Breaston (144/566 = 25.44%)
    WTTF: ALL Detroit Lions, Detroit Tigers, and Josh Koscheck cards Hidden Content

Hey guys, I work on computers and networks all day so I can offer some advice regarding the "links" Favorite. It is true that it is impossible to delete this, Microsoft made it an integrated part of Internet Explorer. However if you are like me and don't use it you prob don't want to see it either.

Heres the work-around ...

First delete any entries within it ... some you can, others you can't. After that if you right-click it and choose properties, check off the box called "hidden". Now close out and reopen IE and its gone!

As far as the toolbar that cardguards made goes, i'm not making any accusations here but if it works like I think it does, its most likely a BHO (browser helper object). These types of programs are commonly used by spyware/viruses to hijack your system, add links to favorites, download other software without your knowing, spy on your surfing habits, and other malicious actions. I fight this stuff all day and my company charges clients big money to remove alot of it. Perhaps the one cardguards made is benign and harmless, but it does have the potential to be a nasty add-on that I would def. not install on my own system until I did testing on it in a controlled environment.

Just my two cents..
    Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast