Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Davis Resigns!!!!!!11

Mike Davis Resigns!!!!!!11

so... im happy... have been lobbying for this for 3 years... i hope steve alford gets it... i just want someone who can get the guys motivated... 3 straight years with no NCAA birth.... it needed to change
    Magglio Ordonez 665/4851 13.7%
    AJ Guyton 75/87 85% plus 5 1/1's
    Hidden Content

Alford doesn't really have a better resume than Davis did.
    I think they should go after some experience, the Chicago Tribune mentioned Lawrence Frank of the Nets, and the Gonzaga coach as possibilities.

Alford really isnt much better than Davis. Alford is just more of an IU guy, which Davis said is what they need to replace him.

Mike Davis can't couch. He's one of the best recruiters in the nation. But I don't think he can coach. I think Mark Few of Gonzaga would fit in good there.

Also rumors going around that Tubby Smith head coach of the cats is leaving for the NBA. Bobcats have made a offer.

SO Mark few is also a possibilty for Kentucky.

Right now Tubby is getting paid 2.4 million a year.

Mark Few is getting paid 400,000 a year.

Tubby is coaching in a 23,000 arena.

Few is coaching in a 8-10,000 arena.

Money talks.

mark few will not leave gonzaga unless he is blown away by an offer... i dont see it happening... alford doesnt have a good coaching background yet he is always winning and in the dance with a lot less talent than IU has which has missed the tourney the last 2 years...
    Hidden Content

Mark Few is at a little small town school who only pays him 400 grand a year. Money Talks.

400K a year is good money..... 400K a year with no pressure is great money
    Hidden Content

your missing my point... he has exceded all expectations anyone could have had for him at Gonzaga.... he would be stepping into a bad situation at kentucky where he is expected to win right away and the fans will not tolerate losing... he is in the best situation he could be in as a coach and he will also have leverage next time his contract is up.. he will probably be getting a raise... i dont see him going anywhere
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast